Varied, challenging role in a fabulous team, Amazing support & ongoing development, Permanent opportunity with essential service provider.
Theres never been a better time to be at AGL
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people.
If youre set on making real change for tomorrow, we have the scale, resources and ambition to get it started today.
Nows an extraordinary time to work with us. Were taking the lead on renewables and expanding our products to make them more sustainable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
Thats what we call progress. To achieve it, were bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, backgrounds and talent - and we need yours too!
About the Role
- Varied, challenging role in a fabulous team
- Amazing support & ongoing development
- Permanent opportunity with essential service provider
Join AGL in this exciting time of growth and transformation in the role of Payroll System & Governance Manager. We are seeking to appoint a payroll systems expert to manage a team of two and work across the broader team to provide strategic system optimisation, best practice outcomes and incident management.
Your impact in this role will be seen in managing governance, structures and processes to drive best practice and delivering on key technology outcomes for this high performing payroll team.
What youll be doing:
- Provide strong people leadership to two direct reports and thought leadership across the broader payroll team
- Establish and maintain governance, structures and processes to support payroll, time & attendance best practice and incident management
- Provide a centre of excellence for payroll and eTIME (KRONOS) governance activities, including management of the Payroll Governance Forum and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures
- Develop and deliver performance dashboards on payroll and time and attendance processes to provide insights into opportunities for process optimisation and adoption of best practice
You are a confident, professional communicator and collaborator who is able to influence across a complex, geographically dispersed business. You understand strategic drivers and return on investment analysis and put a process improvement lens on all that you do.
What youll bring to the table:
- Extensive experience of process transformation / project management in payroll for a large-scale matrix organisation with white and blue-collar workforces
- Proven management capabilities of compliance and risk, including data quality and data privacy
- Demonstrable ability to deliver payroll governance and initiatives
- The ability to work with key third-party stakeholders and internal teams to ensure a smooth flow of information requirements and quality outputs
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, work with ambiguity and lead and implement change in a complex environment
- Solid understanding of industrial instruments, awards and NES in relation to payroll
- Exposure to SAP Payroll and/or KRONOS would be advantageous
- Degree in Commerce, HR or related discipline (preferred)
Wed love to see your application, submitted by this date: 31st July 2020.
Please note - unsolicited resumes from agencies will not be accepted by AGL.
At AGL all employees are encouraged to be themselves and to bring their whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTI+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. AGL has a commitment to maintain a diverse workforce, so welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences but recognises that some applicants may not wish to disclose, so that option is supported.
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL operates a diverse generation portfolio supplying energy to 3.7 million customer accounts. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, employees, the Australian economy and our planet.
Our goal is to make energy simple, fair and transparent and were continuing to innovate to enhance the lives of Australians now and into the future. Its an extraordinary time for the energy sector and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges. Were bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and together well bring progress to life.