Monday - Friday day work in the Lower Hunter / Newcastle area, Comes with Laptop and allowances for Travel and Phone, Supported by a great team with years of industry experience.
Slam Engineering & Consulting is a professional firm that is based in Rutherford NSW which provides services to the heavy industrial sector and numerous mines sites in NSW. The company was ranked on The Australian Financial Review Fast Starters list for 2018 and 2020.
We are seeking applications of highly skilled individuals with the right attitude for the position of Mechanical Inspector.
Our team consists of multi-disciplined Engineers in the engineering fields of Electrical, Mechanical, and Mining. We undertake high-end engineering including Statutory relief work, Project Management and Reliability programs. In addition to this we have an array of specialised engineers that cover site supervision, compliance engineering, preparing and delivering training packages, design and drafting, scopes of work, hazardous area assessments, reliability including FMECA process, audits and leading preventative maintenance programs.
In this role you will be supported by the wider team and representing our clients at third party workshops. You will perform machine inspections and audit of plant and equipment. You will need a working knowledge of Australian Standards, legislation and NSW Resource Regulator MDGs relevant to mining equipment. Training will be provided to minimise any gaps in your knowledge.
The emphasis will be on underground and open cut mining equipment however, similar applications in comparable environments provides a well-rounded variety in this role.
Familiarity with underground and open cut equipment such as Diesel Vehicles, QDS attachments, Bolters, Trailers, Development Face Equipment, Longwall Equipment, Trucks, Loaders, Dozers, Excavators is a must.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- A mature work attitude;
- Excellent communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills;
- Mechanical trade qualification;
- Multiple years experience in underground and open cut coal mines and/or overhaul workshops;
- Current driver's license; and
- Able to pass drug and alcohol tests.
Any of the following specialised skills would be highly regarded:
- Mechanical engineering qualification;
- Underground or open cut mine site engineering experience;
- Project Management / Supervision;
- Preparation of scope of works documents;
- Reliability techniques and defect management; and
- Facilitating or participating in risk assessments.
Slam Engineering & Consulting offers flexible work arrangements to all employees.