We have a position available for a Qualified Mechanic for immediate start in our Camden branch.
Macarthur Mowers & Machinery (MacMM) is a Local Business delivering Premium brands, Sales & Service through-out Sydney, and NSW for almost 40 years. Product lines cover Lawn Mowing Equipment, Outdoor Power Equipment, ATV, SSV, Heavy Plant Machinery, and Specialised Premium Euroturf Products.
Our Service Department is the engine room of our business and we are looking for experienced and driven mechanics to service and repair our customer's machines with high-quality workmanship.
Join a driven, energetic, and dominant force in our industry, leading the way in the provision of the best brands, service, and spare parts.
MacMM customers range from individual consumers to medium to large commercial clients, covering small residential homes to large commercial properties, which include councils, wineries, golf courses, sports stadiums, cemeteries, farmers, schools, and universities.
About the role
MacMM is recruiting for a full-time Mechanic to join the Service Team at our Camden dealership working Monday to Friday with seasonal Saturday work on offer during spring and summer on rotating roster. The ideal candidate will have a strong mechanic background, and extensive experience in our industry or in another trade industry such as the automotive, marine, truck, tractor, or motorcycle industry.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, focused, dedicated, and experienced with an extensive mechanical background. A team player with the drive and passion to succeed in an environment offering challenges associated with all types of mechanical work from small 2 stroke motors to large agricultural machinery.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Ensure prompt time allowances for repairs and services
- Undertake online training for major brands to expand the knowledge base and maintain current technical knowledge
- Complete services/repairs with written job cards and parts forms
- Carry out scheduled services handed down by the Manager/Foreman
- Keep their service bay neat and tidy
- Meeting KPIs
In return, you will be rewarded with a healthy remuneration package negotiable on your experience & skill.
The hourly rate range for mechanics at our dealership is between $27-36.
If you feel that you have the skills to repair the majority of product ranges listed below then we would be love to have you come on board.
There would no doubt be opportunities to grow within our business.
Skills and experience
To be effective in this role, the successful candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of 2 and 4 stroke engines is Essential.
- 5 years minimum experience as a Mechanic
All of the areas below would be great to have.
- Experience with Ride On Lawn Mowers.
- Experience with Walk Behinds & Outdoor power equipment.
- Knowledge of ATV and Side by Side Vehicles.
- Ability to diagnose electrical problems.
- Knowledge of Diesel engines.
- Ability to diagnose hydraulic repairs.
We offer annual training schools for larger brands with online universities available too for our Major Brands.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Trial periods are available for staff that are ready to go.