Rare leadership opportunity in a small, fast growing healthcare MarComs agency, Work with leading healthcare clients in devices, technologies and services, Build and lead a team of nine remotely located healthcare MarComs specialists.
Mint Health is looking for a full time in-house Account Director to manage day-to-day client service at this small, fast growing healthcare MarComs agency based at Mona Vale on the northern beaches of Sydney. This is a 2IC role which has full responsibility for all aspects of client service and team management reporting to the practice principal.
Mint Health is a MarComs agency that specialises in healthcare content marketing, social media, email marketing, lead generation, paid ads, SEO and digital PR. We work with healthcare clients in Australia and overseas to build brands, generate demand and influence attitudes and behaviours. Our primary clients are in health technologies, medical devices, health services and non-profit sectors. Were a team of nine (remote and PT), growing fast and have near-term plans to move into additional high growth sectors. Most team members work remotely (this role is in-house) and we use Asana, Slack and Harvest (along with others) to plan, organise and manage our work. Were committed to excellence in practice areas and client outcomes, and have a strong internal culture of learning and continuous improvement.
Were looking for a high performance agency/team leader and manager with a proven track record in building and leading small, high performance agency teams, or someone whos ready to take the next step in their agency career. Youll be responsible for planning and leading day-to-day client service, and working with the team to take our planning, systems, processes and performance to the next level. You will also be the strategic lead on accounts, liaising directly with clients and responsible for client strategy and the delivery of activities and outcomes across the team.
This role is best suited to a high energy self-starter who enjoys working in fast paced environment. Its perfect for someone looking to lead and make their mark in a small, high growth, entrepreneurial healthcare agency.
About the role
This role is responsible for the planning and delivery of client service across the team. Its also responsible for growing team capacity, productivity and profitability. You will lead client strategy and be the senior client lead on all accounts. This means youll be responsible for:
- Leading and managing day-to-day client service across a team of nine remote PT team members (account managers and specialists) in marketing, communications and digital functions
- Implementing best practice business and account management practices
- Fiscal management and profitability of the client service team, including responsibility for staff utilisation and development, revenue generation, income projections, expense control, and administrative functions relating to executing business and client plans
- Responding to new business enquiries
- Developing proposals and presenting recommendations to clients
- Developing strategies and programs of work
- Establishing client service teams, planning and assigning work and overseeing/assisting the progress and quality of all work across the team
- Tracking and reviewing all client outcomes and reports
- Joining client meetings and building client relationships
While this is a leadership role, you will still have the opportunity to work as a senior lead and contribute to client accounts - developing and implementing strategies, tracking progress and reporting on activities/outcomes.
To be considered for this role you must have demonstrated experience in leading and developing a high performance team in a PR or marketing agency. You will also need:
- Account director level experience in a PR/marketing agency
- Management experience in being accountable for commercial reporting and outcomes
- Team leadership and management skills (we are looking for someone who leads, supports and develops others, but also fosters strong accountability across the team)
- A strong commercial mindset to establish processes to improve team efficiency, productivity and profitability
- A proven track record in winning new work (this role is focused mainly on responding to new business enquiries ie responding to enquiries, taking briefs, developing proposals)
- Senior strategy experience ie ability to develop well-structured client strategies
- An ability to lead the team but also roll up your sleeves and be a key account contributor
- Project management skills and experience - experience with Asana or a similar project management tool will be highly regarded
- Experience working in a tech-driven team, preferably on a Mac
- Excellent communication skills impeccable written and verbal communication skills are required, along with high attention to detail
- Ability to hit the ground running. We are looking for someone who is a confident, highly motivated self-starter
What we offer
- Salary package (inc salary and super) of $110-120K pa subject to experience
- Performance based bonus program (additional to salary package)
- Flexible hours if/as needed for the right candidate
- x1 paid wellness day per month
- Paid program of ongoing learning and development (this is core to our culture)
- Opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial business and its networks
- Small, well-located office in the heart of Mona Vale, adjacent to cafes, shops, gyms and the B-line bus link to the city. We are a 2-min walk from the Mona Vale B-line bus stop. There are currently 2 staff in-house, the rest are remote
- Free council parking nearby
Please add: Account Director 2IC application to the email subject line.
This is a full-time position located at our office in Mona Vale, on the northern beaches of Sydney. The position is only open to candidates who live in Sydney and who are Australian citizens.
Applications close COB Friday 19 August 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.