Ongoing, full-time, Canberra location, Starting from $101,576 plus 15% super.
- Remuneration: Commencing from $101,576 plus 15% superannuation
- Ongoing, Full-time
- Canberra location
About our team
Icon Waters Project Delivery team is part of the Infrastructure Services Group and are responsible for the concept, planning, delivery and finalisation of mixed discipline projects. The Project Delivery team is looking for a passionate project engineer to work on challenging and unique projects. You will have opportunity to work on innovative and interesting projects across multiple engineering disciplines to make way for our growing city.
At Icon we value our own development and make the time to focus on keeping our skills and knowledge up to date. Most importantly, we value a sense of humour and promote a sense of strong team spirit in our workplace.
What are we looking for
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering (civil, mechanical, process, electrical)
- Knowledge of project management methodologies in line with the project management body of knowledge (formal qualification desirable)
- Experience delivering engineering projects
- Experience in procurement and contract management
- Experience in engineering and/or construction related to municipal water supply or sewerage facilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills including the ability to network and influence a variety of stakeholders
- Knowledge of site safety in the construction industry
Selection Criteria: (to be included in cover letter, maximum 200 words per criteria)
- List your tertiary qualifications relevant to this role
- Demonstrate your experience in delivering projects
- Demonstrate your experience in planning, execution and management of contracts
- Demonstrate your experience in engineering and/or construction related to municipal water supply or sewerage facilities
- Demonstrate your experience in management of finances in projects
About Icon Water
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating Canberras network of water and wastewater infrastructure and assets to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. Icon Water has been part of the Canberra community for 100 years. We take pride in what we do and we do it well. We are a people focused organisation, acknowledging our people are our greatest asset.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
We want our people to be empowered to work in a collaborative and productive way and that your work and personal lives are in harmony. The Careers tab on the Icon Water website will show you our great employee benefits, along with hearing from team members about our flexible working arrangements.
Heres a little more about Canberra if youre not a local!
Canberra was recently rated Australias most liveable city, and for good reason. It offers easy access to the great outdoors, quiet residential areas, the countrys shortest median travel time to work (17.4 minutes!) and an inner city (and surrounds) dining scene that is always developing. Many Canberrans relish our four seasons and two hour trip to snow or surf. Canberra boasts a great food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australias best roads and bike paths. Its a safe, relaxed place to live.
How can I apply
If this role interests you, then we would love for you to log on to our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter (including response to selection criteria above) and resume. Applications close COB Monday 13 July 2020.