BT Transport and Logistics seeks a qualified and experienced Heavy Vehicle Road Transport trailer technician to join the team.
In this role you will be tasked to service and maintain a variety of heavy vehicle trailing equipment, repair and overhaul vehicle components .
Key aspects of this role:
- Carry out repairs and servicing as set out in BT Transport and Logistics work orders, while working to manufacturers specifications and quality guidelines.
- Diagnose, repair and maintain heavy vehicle trailers including tautliners, tippers, flat tops, floats and refrigerated.
- Undertake non-trade tasks incidental to work and company requirements and perform other duties as required by the Workshop Manager.
In order to be successful in this role, it is essential candidates have:
- A proactive approach and focus on Occupational Health & Safety both as an individual and as part of a team
- Strong literacy, numeracy and communication skills with the ability to maintain accurate repair records
- Enjoys working as part of a team and autonomously with the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Work overtime when and as required
- Certified qualification
- Car licence as a minimum with a good demonstrated driving competency.
Preferable but not essential you have or able to obtain:
- Forklift licence
- HR licence or higher
You will be committed to safety in the workplace and be committed to 100% Chain of Responsibility compliance. You will have the ability to pass all pre-employment checks; which will include a medical assessment (both drugs and alcohol), reference checks, verification of tickets, licenses, accreditations and qualifications.
BT Transport & Logistics is an equal opportunity employer.