Farm Production Manager
High production mixed cropping and livestock farm.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the highest performing farm businesses in our large client base. This family business holds dear traditional ag and family values but mixes these with a strong desire for operational excellence.
If you want to take the next step in developing your career on farm then this might just be for you!
A healthy salary package including incentives, housing and a vehicle is available.
A high production mixed farm located in the West Midlands of Western Australia.
Modern cropping equipment, advanced livestock practices and a focus on soil amelioration (well advanced) are key attributes of the business.
Family owned and run with the owners looking to take a step back which has fueled the desire to appoint and develop a Farm Production Manager.
Under the guidance of, and reporting to, the owners the opportunity is for a suitable candidate to advance their career via the role of Farm Production Manager. The position will include leading both the crop and livestock operations as well as general farm maintenance and development programs.
Working under the person will be a full-time worker and small team of seasonally employed workers.
- Provide input into and manage the execution of the annual cropping program.
- Provide input into and manage the livestock operation.
- Lead the team of workers.
- Oversee all equipment maintenance including at peak times (i.e. seeding and harvest).
- Maintain all required farm records.
- Ensure work practices comply with farm OH&S policies.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working on broad-acre farms is essential with greater than 5 years of experience desirable.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Good communication and relationship management skills.
- Computer competency.
- Post-secondary qualifications in agriculture or a related field are desirable but not essential.
An attractive remuneration package including incentives, fringe benefits such as housing and a work vehicle with private usage will be negotiated to reflect the level of skills and experience.
Soon would be ideal however for the right candidate the start date can be negotiated with the end of the year/start of 2021 possible.
How to Apply
Applications should include a resume and covering letter ensuring you address the required skills / experience plus qualifications required.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday 31st July 2020.
Please note applicants must have full and permanent rights to work in Australia. Sponsorship is not an option.