- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
SMEC deliver smart solutions for clients and communities in Infrastructure, Urban Development and Management Services
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources.
With 16,000 employees working out of over 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, North and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to deliver integrated infrastructure expertise to our clients worldwide.
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Rail Engineer to work closely with our other specialists to deliver rail projects both in Victoria and Nationally. The role will be responsible for working on existing projects and assisting with the winning of new work. This is a permanent opportunity based out of SMEC’s Melbourne - Docklands office.
With 5-10 year’s design experience in rail track and civil design, you will play a key role in: -
- Providing expert advice and demonstrating strong technical skills producing rail alignment designs, including plan, profile and cross-sections
- Production of engineering reports and supporting tender proposals
- Ensuring that analysis and design tasks undertaken meet appropriate technical standards and the requirements of the client and SMEC
- Proactively collaborating with team members, contributors and stakeholders to maintain quality, timeliness and co-ordination of project deliverables
- Actively contribute to the technical success of projects and the team
- Apply project management principles in carrying out assigned tasks and accomplish project deliverables to the required standard and in a timely manner
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Excellent track and civil design knowledge with experience of working on major rail projects
- Experience in the design of permanent way, trackwork and alignment of railway projects
- Able to work on their own initiative and in a team environment
- Proficient in the use of appropriate Bentley Rail Track and MicroStation software
- Design experience on rail projects in the State of Victoria and V/Line, MTM or ARTC design standards
- Competency accreditation with MTM, V/Line or CPEng would be a distinct advantage
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering (Civil)
- Able to undertake some travel (domestic or international).
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.