Dynamic and Innovative Team, First class environment and facilities, Focus on excellence and improvement.
Riverside Christian College
We have an opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join our innovative and dynamic team. Riverside Christian College is a rapidly growing independent Christian School with a Day School and a Distance Education department.
Riverside Christian College is a contemporary and innovative school, developing world-first educational initiatives for students. Our vision is to provide quality Christian education that develops character and empowers students to impact their community.
To achieve this, we strive to be leaders of excellence in:
Teaching and Learning;
- Business Management and Administration;
- Faith Development;
- Community Engagement; and
- Organisational rigour in a safe and secure environment.
What are we looking for
Riverside Christian College is seeking an Assistant Accountant with around 2-3 years experience; however, we encourage applicants with more or less experience to apply if you meet the criteria below.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Month-end reconciliations (e.g. raising prepayments, accruals, fixed asset register maintenance, reconciling unexpended grants, credit card reconciliation, etc).
- Divisional reporting on different business sectors/departments.
- Processing fortnightly payroll for approximately 150 employees.
- Grant acquittal preparation.
- Quarterly BAS preparation.
- Annual FBT return preparation.
- Assist in the preparation of business cases.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Assist in the implementation of accounts payable automation software.
- Assist in the development of financial management policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required by the Finance Manager and CEO/Principal.
To be eligible for this role, it is essential you meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor level qualification in accounting.
- CPA/CA qualified or completing.
- Demonstrated experience in working in an accounts function.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Critical and analytical thinking.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to work independently.
- Blue Card (can be obtained through the College if required).
- Strong Christian values and understanding of the College Christian ethos.
Experience in education or not-for-profit sector is advantageous but not necessary.
- Personable, courteous and conscientious.
- Work and live to high standards.
- A team player who is respectful to colleagues.
- A commitment to respect and maintain confidentiality.
- A professional environment where you will be valued, respected and encouraged to be creative.
- A suitable remuneration package that is commensurate with your ability, qualifications and experience.
- Professional development opportunities.
- The opportunity to be part of a professional organisation focused on providing quality services.
- A supportive environment where collaboration is fostered.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a strong commitment to Riverside Christian College's vision ofexcellence in supporting the delivery of Christian education. They will be well presented and welcoming, providing professional assistance to students, families, staff, members of the College Executive and Governing Bodyand to the wider College community.
The continued success of our College depends greatly on dedicated Christian staff members who integrate their faith into the values and behaviours of their personal and community life. A commitment to the Christian gospel and active regular church involvement is therefore essential.
What you need to provide
Your application needs to include the following:
- A succinct outline of how you meet the essential criteria.
- Your resume.
- A reference from the Pastor of the church where you currently attend and nominate two work referees, including contact details.
- Current mobile telephone contact details.
The Next Step
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview. This interview will be your opportunity to express to the College why you would be an effective Assistant Accountant and how you will fit into the College environment and our team.
Applications close 5 pm Monday 20 July 2020.