Pedco Engineering is a metal processing workshop located in Welshpool, providing pressing, rolling, welding & fabrication services to industries throughout Western Australia.
Being a one stop shop we take on a variety of small components through to larger project work.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced person to join our team in a full time Estimator role.
Supporting our Processing Department you must have previous experience in estimating varied pressing & rolling work ranging from channels, cones, square to rounds, cylinders etc. To be suitable for this role you will also need to have a clear understanding of the different metals & material types, machinery, bed lengths, tonnage, vee blocks and associated capabilities based on various combinations of these.
Your duties will include (but not limited to)
- Review of client RFQs and interpretation/clarification of design requirements.
- Liaising & negotiating with customers over the phone.
- Determining machinery, material and labour requirements to complete the job.
- Liaising with suppliers to source material costs.
- Preparing estimates.
- Quote sign off and submission.
- Job expediting.
- Writing up job cards and preparing drawings for the workshop.
- Job analysis and review.
- Following current company methods and adhering to procedures and systems to ensure consistency.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be required to demonstrate
- Strong estimating background, with a minimum of 2 years previous estimating experience within the steel industry in a jobbing shop environment.
- An Engineering Degree or a Steel Trade qualification (or equivalent experience in pressing/rolling and/or fabrication) is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and be fluent in the English language.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Software skills using CAD and/or Solidworks, Excel, Word, Access and Outlook.
- Willingness to work longer hours if required.
Remuneration is based on experience and is negotiable to attract a high performing candidate.
The ideal candidate will be well known in our industry and possess many key industry contacts.
Pedco has a positive and pro-active working environment and are seeking someone who has a similar mindset. We are looking for someone who can show initiative and has a can-do approach, who is friendly and well presented.
Pedco is an ISO9001 accredited company so you must be able to work within company guidelines and comply with company standards. In addition, you must have a focus on workplace safety.
Join a great team of people and apply now!
Only applicants with the right to work in Australia may apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.