- Work with clients and partners on iconic projects locally and globally
- Be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
- Embrace your creativity and drive change across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
SMEC deliver smart solutions for clients and communities in Infrastructure, Urban Development and Management Services
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources.
We are currently seeking a Combined Services Route (CSR) Engineer/Designer to join SMEC on a permanent basis, working on major rail projects nationally. The role will be responsible for working on existing projects helping deliver CSR solutions in a multidisciplinary environment.
Some of your core responsibilities include:
- Ensure that analysis and design tasks undertaken meet appropriate technical standards and the requirements of the client and SMEC
- Proactively collaborate with appropriate team members, contributors and stakeholders to maintain quality, timeliness and coordination of project deliverables
- Apply project management principles in carrying out assigned tasks and accomplish project deliverables to the required standard in a timely manner.
With a between 3 – 8+ years’ experience, you will have a track record of achievement in a similar role. With experience relocating services, experience designing service routes and cable trays, your experience will have been gained in an engineering design consultancy.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Experience in rail engineering/design to Australian standards
- Strong knowledge of the rail environment across construction, maintenance / operations and design standards
- Detailed design experience of Combined Services Routes
- Experience in CCB/Network Operator approval processes for major CSR design on infrastructure projects
- Experience delivering 3D modelling, coordination and clash detection of CSR routes in appropriate 3D software (e.g. Civil 3D, 12D, Navisworks etc)
- Extensive stakeholder management
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders [link removed].
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC Australia recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land in which we live and work – Australia.
How to apply
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.