- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources.
We are currently seeking a Senior Tunnel Engineer to join our Centre of Excellence for Tunnels in Sydney. With 6+ years of experience in Civil Engineering with a focus in Tunnel Engineering, you will play a key role in:
- Ensure that analysis and design tasks undertaken meet appropriate technical standards and the requirements of the client and SMEC
- Proactively collaborate with appropriate team members, contributors and stakeholders to maintain quality, timeliness and co-ordination of project deliverables
- Actively contribute to the commercial success of projects and the team
- Apply project management principles in carrying out assigned tasks and accomplish project deliverables to the required standard and in a timely manner
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Bachelor's Degree in Tunnel Engineering or similar is desirable
- A solid technical knowledge in Tunnels Engineering
- 6+ years of design experience
- Permanent tunnel lining design skills and capability
- 3 dimensional Strand7 modelling capability, or equivalent FEM software with transferable skills
- Excellent industry awareness
- Ability to manage client relationships and expectations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
- Able to undertake some travel (domestic or international).
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders [link removed]. We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC Australia recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land in which we live and work – Australia. We are committed to equitable recruitment practices and as such, encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply and notify us of their application by emailing [email protected]
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.