Work at the cutting edge of urban policy and planning, resilience and adaptation, Grow your skills and industry profile in our supportive work environment, Be part of our passionate, dynamic team with flexible work arrangements.
At Meridian Urban we live each day by our values Creativity, Integrity, Quality & Value, Betterment and Celebration of success.
We are a young, passionate and dynamic consultancy firm at the cutting edge of our fields. We provide industry leading program and management services in the areas of urban policy & planning, and resilience and adaptation.
Meridian Urbans core capabilities lie in strategic planning, policy development, and statutory planning. We deliver these services for governance reviews, urban policy changes, and planning instruments. We are recognised as thought leaders in our fields and are renowned for developing creative solutions to complex problems, and providing timely, accurate and technically rich services to our clients and the communities they serve.
Working with Meridian Urban provides
- An opportunity to positively shape urban policy and develop planning strategies, including how these intersect with built environment, community resilience and climate adaptation, across Australia;
- A supportive work environment in which to learn, grow and develop your own skills and profile;
- A diverse range of clients, programs and projects with which to apply your knowledge and expertise, and expand your experience;
- Flexible work arrangements including the ability to work from home;
- An opportunity to contribute to and shape the future of our business and the work we deliver for our clients and the communities they serve.
Our business is growing and we are seeking bright minds who share our corporate values to join our expanding team in Brisbane (or surrounds) at the Senior Planner and Associate levels.
As an Associate (reporting to a Principal who in turn reports to the Director) you will:
- play a significant role in supporting the companys business in urban policy & planning and resilience & adaptation;
- be responsible for technical completion of both business development and project management tasks;
- be an ambassador for the firm, working to build Meridian Urbans brand, and your own, in the market place;
- provide full technical oversight and coordination of specific projects including: contract management, maintenance of client relations, and adherence to all aspects of the project management framework.
As a Senior Planner (working under an Associate, who in turn reports to a Principal) you will:
- be responsible for technical completion of both business development and project management tasks set for you by the Director and other senior staff.
- work autonomously and as part of our team to deliver our projects and services to clients, ensuring excellence in delivery at all times.
- provide strategic planning advice and support to the Associate, Principal and/or Director, through assistance of forward planning projects including:
- the research, review and preparation of strategies;
- assessment and preparation of planning proposals and plans, codes and policies
- provision of professional advice on planning matters to both internal and external stakeholders.
Ideally your qualifications, knowledge and skills will include:
- tertiary qualifications in Urban Planning or a related discipline;
- five plus years of professional experience for a Senior Planner, or eight years plus for an Associate;
- strong knowledge of urban planning and development, and local government policies and procedures;
- intermediate to advanced knowledge of federal, state and local laws, schemes and codes pertaining to a wide variety of planning topics;
- intermediate to advanced knowledge in research methods and statistical principles related to urban growth and development;
- intermediate to advanced capability in urban policy development, governance and strategic management, and statutory drafting; and
- expertise in one or more of the following: GIS, Microsoft Excel, Adobe InDesign & Illustrator will be an advantage.
Attributes and talents that we value include:
- an enquiring mind and desire to test new ideas and theories;
- the ability to work autonomously, without detailed direction;
- capability in managing multiple, high-priority assignments/projects effectively and commitment to meeting firm deadlines when they arise;
- strong interpersonal skills to develop good working relationships at various levels;
- strong analytical skills to interpret research data;
- excellent communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations in a clear, concise and confident manner and
- robust report writing skills.
Competitive salary package to be determined by experience.
Please submit expressions of interest by forwarding your CV and cover letter
Better urban planning. More resilient communities.