Join the innovative team deploying and managing Newmont Boddington Golds Autonomous Haulage System (AHS) - The Worlds First Open Pit Gold AHS Operation.
Develop your skills and gain experience operating innovative safety systems and technologies by being part of a dynamic team that is at the forefront of the gold mining industry. Your key to success will be the ability to deliver safer haulage operations and improved mining productivity, through reducing vehicle interactions and protecting people from operational hazards.
This newly created role is a core operational supervisory role responsible for maintaining the service and support of Boddington's Fleet Management Systems and associated technologies within the Operations area of the mine.
Newmont Boddington provides a unique opportunity to live in the South West. We are only 130 kms from the Perth CBD and approximately 100kms from the coast. With good rosters and a unique opportunity to live locally and go home each day, we also provide the option to DIDO with accommodation provided in our Village.
- Supervise the Mine System Technicians daily work activities, assign daily tasks, manage workloads and priorities, and ensure completion of all safety related procedures.
- Manage work activities to maintain the following systems across dayshift and nightshift crews; Caterpillar MineStar, Caterpillar Terrain and Command, Jigsaw Positioning System (Locata), Toothmetrics, Wi-Fi Network, Pit Cameras, Driver Safety System, and Two-way Radios.
- Schedule and coordinate maintenance activities on associated systems, maintain inventory control, complete change management requirements and liaise with OEM and third party contractors.
- Assist and coordinate various vendors with the installation and commissioning of Mine Systems hardware equipment and associated software relating to mine equipment.
Knowledge & Attributes
- Auto Electrician, Radio Technician or equivalent qualification.
- Previous experience supervising a team.
- Prior working experience as a Mine Systems Technician with comparable Mine Systems.
- Advanced knowledge of vehicle electrical and electronic systems, and radio communication principles.
- Substantial hands-on experience in integrating electrical and electronic accessories to mining equipment.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to engage and gain the cooperation and consensus of a diverse group of stakeholders to ensure operational objectives are achieved.
Applications close on Thursday, 16 July 2020.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmont does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.