ANU Sport is an independent incorporated association that delivers sport, fitness and recreation services and opportunities to the ANU Community. ANU Sport is a UniSport member institution and the ANU is a member of the Group of 8, Australias 8 leading universities.
Our goal at ANU Sport is to enhance and grow the opportunities for the ANU community to engage in sport, fitness and recreation, promoting well-being and balanced lifestyles. As one team, we deliver for over 3,000 members, catering for performance through to participation with an emphasis on experience, excellence and diversity.
ANU Sport is responsible for the operation and management of the ANU Sport Fitness Centre and all ANU Sport facilities, along with supporting 34 sporting clubs and delivering social and competitive sporting programs.
About the role:
The Finance Administrator is an important role within the team at ANU Sport. In this role, you will be responsible for day-to-day management of the Associations accounts. Central to this will be the liaison with club executives, ANU stakeholders and commercial clients.
The Finance Administrator will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will also work closely with each of the department managers.
Key responsibilities include:
- responsibility for ANU Sport bookkeeping, including processing of accounts;
- maintenance of accounts payable and accounts receivable ledgers, including liaising with creditors and debtors;
- provision of financial information to managers;
- finance and audit committee support;
- fortnightly processing of payroll;
- fortnightly processing of fitness centre direct debits;
- maintenance of financial and payroll processes, including document management;
- liaison with accountants, auditors, affiliated sports clubs and other stakeholders; and
- other relevant duties as directed.
Our ideal candidate is high energy and passionate about sport and physical activity. You are someone who wants to work with good people and make a difference. You have bookkeeping experience and are good at building successful, professional relationships.
- Possess well developed administrative skills and basic bookkeeping experience.
- Capacity to manage multiple responsibilities in a work environment that caters for a diverse range of interests and outcomes.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Capacity to work effectively with financial systems and sound understanding of accounting software (preferably MYOB and Easy Employer).
- Proven capacity to problem solve and think critically.
- Proven capacity to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Willingness to learn, show initiative and exercise judgement.
- Eligibility to work in Australia.
At ANU Sport we have a strong focus on bringing out the best in people, both our members and our staff. This is reflected in our commitment to professional development and a core belief that supporting staff to grow in their role benefits the entire organisation.
We pride ourselves on our culture of respect, integrity, commitment, team work and innovation. Through these we deliver for our community.
Applications close Friday 24 July 2020.
Please provide resume and accompanying cover letter.