Be truly influential in strategically advising a diverse range of clients, Flexible and dynamic environment, Established team with strong career development opportunities.
Senior Heritage Consultant/Architect
- Established team with strong career development opportunities
- Flexible & Dynamic environment
- Be truly influential in strategically advising a diverse range of clients
Who we are
Urbis is a market-leading firm with the goal of shaping the cities and communities of Australia for a better future. Drawing together a network of the brightest minds, Urbis consists of practice experts, working collaboratively to deliver fresh thinking and independent advice and guidance all backed up by real, evidence-based solutions.
Working across the areas of planning, design, policy, heritage, valuations, transactions, economics and research, the expert team at Urbis connect their clients in the public and private sectors to a better outcome, every time.
An opportunity has arisen in our Brisbane office for a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Consultant/Heritage Architect with a professional work history of 5+ years in Heritage advisory consulting or related field.
We are looking for a lateral thinker and an outstanding communicator seeking an opportunity to be involved in city-shaping projects, for a diverse range of private and public sector clients. As a key member of the team, you will be involved in conducting research across a diverse, high profile and challenging range of projects, providing reports and strategic advice to our clients.
Tertiary qualifications in Heritage, History, Architecture, or relevant experience in the heritage industry is required.
As a Senior Heritage Consultant/Heritage Architect there is a requirement to demonstrate an in depth understanding of built heritage principles and an ability to provide a range of advice to clients on a range of projects including heritage studies, conservation management plans, heritage impact statements, conservation and maintenance schedules, interpretation strategies, archival recording and heritage architectural conservation supervision.
As a Senior Consultant/Heritage Architect, your responsibilities will include:
- Working automatously on mid-level projects and provide advice to clients;
- Working across a wide range of applications with proven ability to develop proposals, assistant tenders & submissions for potential projects;
- Directing and assisting more junior staff with assessments; and
- Leading projects including the undertaking of project, client and other stakeholder relationships, working to specification and deadlines.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Detailed understanding of heritage principles and the ability to apply them;
- Strong understanding of and the ability to apply appropriate statutory heritage and planning legislation to heritage issues, particularly the Queensland Heritage Act 1992;
- Excellent client, project and time management skills;
- Generate innovative solutions to situations, and effectively explore alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties;
- Undertake heritage research utilising multiple sources and methodologies, and present a preliminary assessment of findings;
- Research, problem solve and think laterally;
- Strong report writing and communication skills;
- Ability to provide advice strategic and technical advice on projects involving heritage listed places including managing Development applications and Exemption Certificates;
- Demonstrates a strong solutions-focused approach to work;
- Demonstrates a sound appreciation of Australian historical architecture and building fabric;
- Demonstrates adaptability when dealing with problems and changes to priorities; and
- Demonstrates an aptitude to think creatively, applying broader knowledge and skills and devises strategies to meet clients business needs.
Other non-essential but beneficial skills applicable to the role (depending on background and experience) include:
- Architectural drafting experience (AutoCAD or Revit);
- Interpretation strategies and plans;
- Historical research
Working for Urbis means working with individuals who are passionate about what they do.
Urbis is a firm that truly values its people and provides a broad range of benefits which include a competitive remuneration package, salary continuance insurance, regular social activities, health and wellbeing programs and ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
Urbis is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive, supports flexibility, and welcomes diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close Friday 10 July 2020.
Urbis is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and supports diversity and flexibility. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.