Fantastic career opportunity - future leader and equity partner in the firm, Successful and established firm offering job security and generous salary, Work closer to home-Say goodbye to traffic and long commutes-Stunning location.
Senior Accountant Tax Specialist
Full Time (flexible hours)
Are you looking for a role where you love arriving at work each day and everything in your work environment is meaningful and inspiring!
A fantastic role for a Senior Accountant with exceptional taxation expertise and extensive public practice experience has become available in our firm located in beautiful Mornington.
The role is perfect for someone seeking a unique career opportunity to become a leader and future equity partner in the firm.
Robbins & Co Accountants and Advisors was established by its Principal over 40 years ago and continues to grow as a respected accounting and advisory firm that many local businesses rely on.
We offer holistic and tailored accounting and strategic advisory services to our clients helping them to establish, build, protect and improve business outcomes and grow their financial wealth. We do this through exceptional and consistent service, fresh thinking and forward planning.
Our mission is to grow your bottom line, not just calculate it. as partners in your success
We empower our team and our clients to have the confidence to achieve amazing things.
About the role
So, what will your role look like
As the Senior Accountant you will oversee all tax related matters in the firm, working with business owners to build profits and grow wealth, delivering an exceptional client experience.
- Prepare financial statements, tax returns and activity statements for all type of entities including individuals, companies, partnerships and trusts
- Consistent delivery of successful client outcomes with a proactive and innovative approach to taxation and accounting
- Liaise with clients to identify, review and discuss their expectations and outcomes, researching and resolving complex tax and business issues
- Confidently provide advice on all tax related issues including business structuring and tax planning strategies
- Provide client advice and manage compliance issues and related matters arising from PAYG, GST, BAS, IAS FBT, WorkCover, Superannuation, Centrelink and other Government agencies
- Ensure that all ATO issued deadlines are met while adhering to every facet of compliance
- Demonstrate commitment to the firms future development by encouraging and promoting process improvement, professional standards and best practice
If you have extensive experience (6-10 years) in managing end to end tax and accounting responsibilities and have an exceptional proactive customer service approach to clients and colleagues this is the role for you.
This is a unique opportunity to develop this role and make it your own. It will involve taking full control of an existing book of taxation and accounting clients. You will be passionate about delivering highly professional, personalised and strategic tax and advisory services to your clients. You will love developing rewarding and loyal client relationships and external stakeholder networks, promoting the interests of the business to the general community, and creating ongoing goodwill and referrals through great service.
- Experience:6 -8 years + experience in a public practice tax accounting role demonstrating an exceptional passion and expertise in all tax related matters
- Client engagement: You love your clients and have both confidence and desire for nurturing customer relationships, taking pride in your work and delivering great taxation outcomes
- Excellent technical skills using the latest cloud-based technology and accounting systems (Xero, MYOB, Class, Cashmanager)
- Self- motivated and team player: Ability to work independently and a desire to work as part of a team making a valued contribution to a positive culture and a successful business
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills: Demonstrated ability to listen, articulate clearly, influence and engage with clients, colleagues and stakeholders. A sense of fun and emotional intelligence demonstrating a balanced and positive approach would be highly valued
- Continuous Improvement: Possess a flexible, positive and solutions- oriented approach. Demonstrate a willingness to learn, a passion for taking on new challenges and contributing to and implementing new ideas and efficiencies
- Organisational and time management skills: Exceptional time management skills, attention to detail and an ability to prioritise, manage a number of tasks and responsibilities and remain calm and focused
- Qualifications: CA or CPA qualified with a tertiary degree in a business-related discipline
- You hold a current national police check or willing to undergo a police check
- You are an Australian citizen or have permanent residency status.
Your passion for your work, exceptional taxation expertise and a friendly and positive "can do" attitude will ensure you will fit in with this dedicated team and committed company.
- Full time employment with flexible working arrangements
- Long term rewarding career and job security with the unique opportunity for the right candidate to be a leader and an equity partner in the firm
- Great location and work environment in contemporary offices close to freeways and easy travel and parking in the centre of Mornington (say goodbye to traffic and long commutes)
- Opportunity to work in the sensational Mornington Peninsula region with a great work/ life balance and access to the regions lifestyle benefits
- Generous salary package aligned to a senior role ($80-90,000 negotiable)
- Opportunity to participate in ongoing professional development, coaching and training
- Great team culture
We are excited about hearing from you if this sounds like a role you will love so please submit your CV and cover letter via the link.