New senior leadership position, Full-time, five year fixed term appointment, Professional and supportive environment.
Applications for this position close: 9.00am, Monday 27 July 2020
- New senior leadership position
- Full-time, five year fixed term appointment
- Professional and supportive environment
Who we are
Canberra Girls Grammar School (CGGS) is an independent non-selective Anglican school with approximately 1,400 students. The School has a strong reputation as a leader in the education of girls.
Our intent is to develop young women that are well educated and who insist on living ethically and purposely. This is an opportunity to join a dedicated, supportive and innovative team in a School committed to excellence.
Applications are sought for this new senior leadership position to commence as soon as possible. This is a full-time, five year fixed term appointment, with a possible extension.
Reporting to the Executive Director (Communications and Engagement), and working closely with the Chair of the Gabriel Foundation, the Director (Advancement) will provide leadership, direction, strategy, supervision and coordination of Canberra Girls Grammar Schools philanthropic activities and alumni relations.
The successful candidate will have responsibility of creating and executing a strategy that meets CGGSs fundraising goals, with a focus on individual philanthropic donations.
Due to the nature of this role, out-of-hours work and travel will be required. The School requires the successful applicant to maintain a degree of flexibility in work hours, which is reflected in the remuneration of this role.
The successful applicant will have:
- A demonstrated track record of successful fundraising and development initiatives, with a minimum of three years experience.
- Previous experience in the education/non-profit sector is essential. A relevant tertiary degree in the area of fundraising/public relations/marketing would be highly regarded.
- High-level interpersonal, communication, presentation and written skills.
- Strategic relationship management of different constituencies, including senior executives, Board members, alumni, community and business leaders.
Applications should include a current resume and short cover letter.
Please note that we will be reviewing the applications as they are received.