- Use your superior creative skills to contribute to various aspects of the organisation
- Provision of externally facing resources and support services
- Supportive and professional team environment
Roses in the Ocean is a national not for profit organisation founded on and operating through the lens of lived experience of suicide, providing a voice of change in all aspects of prevention and support. They exist to save lives and reduce emotional pain.
Roses in the Ocean is focussed on building a national workforce of people with a lived experience of suicide equipped with the expertise and skills to engage meaningfully in all aspects of suicide prevention.
They pride themselves on successfully operating at a grass roots level within communities and at a strategic and operational level with non-government organisations, the private sector and government.
Everyone who works within Roses in the Ocean has a lived experience of suicide which is defined as having experienced suicidal thoughts, survived a suicide attempt, cared for someone through suicidal crisis, or been bereaved by suicide.
This position is based in the Head Office in Brisbane and reports directly to the General Manager Operations and Quality.
About the Role
This is a newly created role is key to the delivery of high-quality visual content for presentations, resources, project and workshop outcomes throughout Australia and requires the skills of a dedicated professional to take ownership of the development of all the visual presentations, digital resources, flyers and training workbooks.
Working closely with the CEO, communications team, Program Coordinator and other team members, this role is committed to contributing to the achievement of the goals and objectives set out in the Roses in the Ocean Strategic Plan.
This is a dynamic environment which requires flexibility, adaptability, initiative, as well as excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Develop initial design concepts for presenting subject matter content, visually analysing and selecting appropriate images to reinforce key messages
- Produce infographics, interactive web graphics, professional training workbooks and resources
- Create digital presentations for management, to display co-design outputs and tell a compelling and informative story to the audience of the Lived Experience Resources Hub
- Gather, organise and supply creative assets including images, photography, videos, logos etc., for use in presentations and build a library to ensure easy access for future projects
- Assist Project Coordinators by providing an overflow administrative function as required - source and book suitable venues and catering, disseminate participant correspondence and surveys and assist the Facilitators with travel arrangements.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Proven advanced skills with: MS Office, Graphic Design Software such as: Canva, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, Marketing software such as: Mailchimp and Constant Contact, HTML and editing a WordPress website
- Balancing multiple projects and great organisational skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and liaise effectively and sensitively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas to internal stakeholders
- Proactive, collaborative mindset and demonstrated capacity to work independently and within a team environment
- Proven time management skills and ability to balance conflicting priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Resourcefulness and fearlessness that allows you to quickly learn new software, processes and concepts
- Growth mindset and willingness to contribute to continuous improvement
- Ability to maintain accurate overview of multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Values driven
- Passion for the NFP sector and making a difference in the lives of people.
- A team player that is committed to the success of the team and the business as a whole
- High levels of professionalism, maturity and attention to detail.
- A calm, considered demeanour.
- Ability to maintain enthusiasm and focus whilst working autonomously.
- Humility, flexibility, adaptability, and empathy.