- Lead people and drive culture change tomake a genuine difference
- Complex and dynamic operational work environment
- $127,559 - $141,442 per annum plus superannuation and leave loading
At Sydney Trains, our vision is to keep Sydney moving by delivering safe, customer-focused, reliable and clean rail services.
We contribute to the success of transport in NSW by running efficient rail services which exceed our customers expectations, support growth and contribute to the broader community and the economy.
Joining Sydney Trains will present an exciting opportunity to shape the future and make a genuine difference for the people of NSW by providing a world class rail system.
Sydney Trains is currently accepting applications from experienced operational leaders to join the Train Crewing and Support team as a Shift Manager.
This is a rare opportunity to play a key leadership role in one of Australias largest operational agencies in delivering high quality services which meet and exceed the expectations of our valued customers.
What you will be involved in
- Leading a large and diverse team of Train Crew (Train Drivers, Guards) and support staff that work within a 24 x 7, mobile and dispersed workforce
- Ensuring high levels of staff engagement, development and motivation
- End-to-end management of people related processes, including individual and team performance, conduct, competency, incident management, conflict resolution, absence management processes etc.
- Driving culture change, supporting the delivery of strategic objectives and improves operational performance within an industrially complex environment
- Understanding and interpreting industrial requirements and HR policies
- Driving operational reliability including on time performance and crew utilisation, balancing customer impact and providing solutions and advice on operational issues
- Managing train services for customers in a continuous 24/7 operation involving shift work and on-call rotation; determining operational priorities and service delivery requirements, whilst promoting a culture of customer service
- Coordinating rostering and assignment of crew for daily and altered working timetables and emergencies to ensure sufficient coverage at all time
Note This is a shift work role, requiring you to perform duties on a rotational shift roster with variable start and end times, including weekends and public holidays.
Just like us, you share our passion for making things better every day and unleashing the potential of your people. You possess the strategic people management skills to inspire, influence and empower others to be an active part of the continuous improvement journey.
You have the demonstrated ability to:
- Drive culture change in an industrially complex and dynamic operational environment
- Lead by example, investing in your people and lifting capability across your team
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats
- Build collaborative relationships to support the delivery of strategic and operational objectives
Joining Sydney Trains, youll have access to a range of unique government benefits in an environment like no other. If youre ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
Dont miss out! Apply today to register your interest.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and answer the pre-screening questions set up on the application form.
This application process will be used to create a talent pool of suitable applicants who may be offered permanent or temporaryroles as they become available over the next 12 month period.
Note there are a number of permanent and temporary opportunities available immediately.
This talent pool as can also be used to fill other similar vacancies across the Transport Cluster over the next 12 months.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Sydney Trains, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
Salary and benefits
The salary for this position is: RC Grade 6: $127,559 - $141,442 per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
Sydney Trains offers its employees challenging and rewarding work with opportunities for career progression, learning and development and work-life balance. Other benefits include:
- Free travel on Government trains, buses and ferries
- Applicable Shift Allowances and Penalty Rates
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please clickhere.
Applications close: 11:59PM; Sunday 5th July 2020
For permanent positions in the NSW Public Sector, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. For most Temporary jobs, you need a visa that gives you permission to work in Australia. To be considered for these roles you must be 18 years of age. Applicants will need to complete merit based selection activities and will be subject to satisfactory medical, drug & alcohol and criminal record checks as part of the selection process. Please note that an eligibility list may be created for this position, and position(s) of the same classification that subsequently become vacant may be filled using this eligibility list (where the vacancy is within 60 minutes travelling time). Transport for NSW is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.