Employment Type: Part-time, with potential to go full-time
Location: Albury/Wodonga (applicants must reside within 30 minutes drive of this location)
ABOUT THE SERVICE
My Care Provider has in 12 months established itself as the go to NDIS specific psychosocial (mental health), high-functioning autism (Aspergers) and intellectual disability provider in the North East. Mike Harris (Snr. OT and Director) extensive experience in various cognitive and mental health settings across both Australia and the UK has enabled him to build the service around what actually works for this client group. And the service is bursting at the seams, looking to grow considerably over the coming 12-18 months.
HERE'S THE OPPORTUNITY:
To get in early with a service in its infancy, but already exploding because of the outcomes achieved for clients. Be an early adopter and grow with us. Work alongside and learn from a team of passionate and skilled people who are changing the lives of an often misunderstood and clinically neglected client group.
WHO WE WANT:
Are you someone who is highly process driven, even when not provided with a process or solution Do you have a firm grasp on software to such an extent that you can flexibly adapt to easily filing emails, queuing the dispatch of emails, using clinical software, formatting word documents and occasionally using programs such as Canva Can you see yourself being so organised and effective in your systems that you will oversee an entire service of eight clinical staff, within the coming 12-18 months Then please apply.
The only person that will succeed in this role is someone that is highly self-driven, who is a flexible thinker and who can handle their laptop with ease.
Heres what really matters:
- We are genuinely the best at what we do. Call up and ask any NDIS coordinator in our catchment area. See what they say. Seriously, you should suss us out.
- Our admin/office manager/PA (she wore multiple hats) was the backbone of this business, however she is leaving due to family commitments and this provides an opportunity for someone to step into her highly valued and highly challenging position. The average admin person who has done the same monotonous tasks and used the same monotonous software for a decade will not survive in this role.
- We only hire people that are able to quickly and easily form relationships with EVERY staff member and client that they work with. We are creating an exceptional service with an amazing culture, so we can only hire the best.
If you have these things covered and want to work with an amazing team in a challenging but rewarding role; then please apply.
We are in the process of acquiring a clinic space in either Albury or Wodonga, however we anticipate that we will not be in the space for another 4-5 months. You will be expected to remain focused and productive whilst working from home. This will be your first challenging when growing with a successful and reputable startup business.
You will be expected to do the following:
- Invoicing, reconciling of payments, maintaining of online records, tracking service agreements (agreed sums for billing), intake documentation and NDIS specific tasks
- Build a strong collaborative relationship with all staff members and clients (hence the people skills)
- Enjoy working closely with a tight knit clinical team (especially the clinical lead/director), often via communication apps like Whatsapp (voice notes) resembling that of a PA; either to seek out information, make phone calls to clients, book or investigate things
- To enjoy the diverse challenges of keeping a successful business running smoothly
ESSENTIAL FOR APPLICANTS:
- Something to show your capacity to perform this work. This could be training or experience. You will be trained and supervised, but it will certainly help to make you stand out as requiring less hand holding from the outset
- Recruitment will involve testing of IT skills and demonstrating competence to think on ones feet and offer solutions to constructed problems; so anyone hoping to slip into a cushy, home based role, wont make it through recruitment
- Willingness to complete a current police check, two referee checks and any other compliance documentation
If you are not put off by the prospect of everything listed above, but rather you believe that the position sounds like a fun challenge, aligning with your personality; then please apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are building a service around what techniques really work with a client group that experiences their own challenges due to their conditions. We have seen clients go from never leaving their home and describing that they have nothing to live for and are waiting to die (their words), to seeing them months later walking down the street with a big smile, having finished a shift at a part-time job. We are a service that is doing our best to change lives, but we need someone amazing behind the scenes.
Successful applicants will be interviewed via Skype/Zoom before getting started. With the intention of the new person being expected to kick off their training ASAP.
- Thank you.