About the Business
Lets skip right ahead and get down to the nitty-gritty. Our small (but growing!) business is located in Brendale, Brisbane. And we really believe that we are changing the world, helping one business after the next to look fantastic. Honestly, the job is not all rainbows and unicorns there is some good news and there is some bad news.
About the role:
Let's get the bad news out of the way first:
The pay is $25-30/hour. We think thats pretty decent and about the going rate. However, if you are seeking a job to support a household this may not cut the mustard.
We aren't Google. You won't sit on a beanbag and sadly we dont have a slide (although there is pingpong) and to be honest, it can be a little hectic.
Benefits and perks
Now let's talk about the good stuff:
Our office is located in Brendale, home to the city's best coffee. Okay, so that part is maybe not the greatest, but there are some (truly) great things...
The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. You will be working directly with our experienced team helping them with a mix of projects and support.
You will experience things, do things, and make decisions on things that no big stuffy company would ever allow you to do.
Skills and experience
Your main purpose as a Graphic Designer is to develop innovative, creative and professional artwork across a variety of media print, digital print, vehicle and general signage.
In brief, here the key job requirements:
- Previous graphic design experience in wide format, digital and offset print
- Deliver high quality, creative and accurate artwork within set deadlines
- Experienced in the Adobe suite and on Mac IOS
- Ability to liaise with and present concepts to clients and colleagues
- Possess self-initiative and the ability to think outside-the-box
In addition to this, we also want:
- You need to be the type person who gets joy out of getting things done. Every day, you will bang out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff.
- You will be on the phone a lot. So, you need to enjoy talking with people and giving/getting directions. We might be high tech, but we are still a face to face business.
- You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. We get a kick out of making our customers feel good.
- You need to nail down the details. You don't need to race through work and get things done half-arsed (we figured that one out ourselves). We need you to slow things down and get them done right.
- If you are shy or quiet that is totally cool. We are not looking for the life of the partyin fact, we would embrace quite the opposite.
Our office is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality. But what we don't expect is perfection for you to qualify for this job. We expect intelligence, energy, and a get it done attitude.
This is a full-time role, you must come into the office (sorry, but this is not a virtual job).
We are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. We can't wait to meet you!