- Apply your exceptional media liaison expertise
- Temporary full-time role for 6-months
- Location Negotiable
- Clerk Grade 7/8, salary from $97,000 pa
About the Role
In your new role as Media Advisor, you will write a range of media materials, liaise with the Deputy Premier’s media team on events and announcements, and support the media team within the Office of the Secretary. This position has a particular focus on the Dept of Mining, Exploration and Geoscience.
Key to this role will be to:
- Write quick, accurate media releases, pitch materials, holding lines and speaking points for media events
- Organize media events for the Deputy Premier’s Office, and attend on occasion
- Identify good story leads from amongst the many funding programs and policy initiatives, and pitch these as potential media stories, to the Media Manager/DPO
- Respond quickly to DPO requests for media responses to issues
- Coordinate video stories for the DPO, for media and social media use
- Develop trust and open communication with business lines, to help identify media story opportunities and also emerging issues
For more information about the role, please click here to view the role description.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Experience working with Ministerial Offices as a Media Officer
- Tertiary qualifications in communications and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Insight into the Mining and Geoscience industry and current issues
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience dealing with multiple stakeholders in a communications context
- Understanding and applying communications best practice in a Government context
The Department of Regional NSW brings together specialists in, natural resources, industry, environment, Public Works and Resources & Geoscience in NSW. We share a common goal to maximise the long-term wellbeing of NSW.
We do this by protecting and improving:
- environmental sustainability
- safety and security
- social inclusion and cohesion, and
- attractiveness as a place for recreation and relaxation
We bring together the economy, environment, work and play, industry and recreation. This helps to ensure economic growth and job security considers the environment and character of our neighbourhoods and communities.
Applying for the Role
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please apply online by providing your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your relevant experience, skills and suitability for this role.
Application Closing Date: Monday 22nd June 2020
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months.
Our commitment to Diversity
We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe, respected, valued and heard regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability.