Landmark Bulk Water Engineer Project, Major Pipeline Construction | SEQ Water Grid, Bringing water to Beaudesert.
Your new position
• 2 Year contract
You will join our Major Projects Group responsible for the investment, planning and delivery of a $billion program of works over the next 5 years. A landmark project in this program is the construction of the South West Pipeline (SWP), a major project to construct a bulk water pipeline between Flagstone and Beaudesert. The project will connect Beaudesert and the Scenic Rim to the SEQ Water Grid.
As a Project Engineer, you will play a key role in providing engineering/technical assistance to support the successful delivery of the project. Working closely with the Project Manager, Project Team and the Contractor, this role provides the opportunity to make a significant contribution through the design, procurement, pre-construction, construction and commissioning stages, in terms of managing project, cost, environment, program, quality, risk, safety and scope.
For an Engineer interested in bulk water, South West Pipeline provides a unique opportunity to work on a major project that encapsulates the industries technical challenges including trench and trenchless pipelaying, river crossings and geotechnical work, pump stations, reservoir, electrical supply, environmental, etc.
This role will require you to work from the Major Projects office in Brisbane CBD, Head office in Ipswich and once construction commences, onsite in Beaudesert.
Full details available on the position description at careers.seqwater.com.au
To be successful in the role you will be tertiary qualified with a relevant engineering discipline and a minimum 5 years professional experience in civil engineering construction.
In addition, you will have:
- RPEQ or eligible to obtain within 6 months of appointment
- Knowledge and experience with water infrastructure, pipeline design and construction.
- Qualifications in construction / project management will be highly regarded.
- Computer literacy skills including project management systems (eg Daptiv), resource scheduling (eg MS Project) and MS Suite,
- Ability to compile and develop professional, technical and quality documentation and management reports on a program of specialist projects of a complex nature
- Class C Driver’s Licence/ Construction Industry White Card
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's EBA as a PO4 with a salary of $105,166.28 plus superannuation
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
A criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
Applications close: 28th June 2020