This role is a unique opportunity to work across two businesses to provide administration and reception support. The businesses are an engineering firm and a tutoring centre in Southern Sydney. We have an open, friendly working environment where each staff member is essential to our businesses.
We are seeking an additional administration person to work part-time to help assist the growing businesses. This one-of-a-kind role offers a diverse range of responsibilities and duties. The role will provide administration support to the engineering firm, as well as reception duties for the tutoring centre. There is also some adhoc assistant work required.
You will be required to answer phones, contact parents, book engineering jobs in plus a range of general office duties including typing, scanning, printing and filing. The ability to multitask will be highly regarded.
The general office hours range from 8am-8pm Monday to Thursday, 9-5pm Friday and 9:30-3:30pm Saturday; however, the hours you will work will depend on your availability and our need.
Skills and Experience Required
The right candidate will possess the following:
- friendly, outgoing manner
- experience working in an administration and/or reception role (highly regarded)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- high attention to detail (mandatory)
- Excellent Microsoft Office and technical skills
- autonomy and ability to problem-solve
- highly organised approach to work
- experience with Xero is advantageous, although not necessary
- a current and valid drivers license (highly regarded)
- permanent resident of Australia
Applications are to be forwarded with a covering letter to your resume, that notes your earliest available start date, as well as availability.