Landmark Bulk Water Engineer Project, Major Pipeline Construction | SEQ Water Grid | Bulk Water, Bringing water to Beaudesert.
Your new position
• 2 Year contract
You will join our Major Projects Group responsible for the investment, planning and delivery of a $billion program of works over the next 5 years. South West Pipeline Project (SWP) is a flagship project for Seqwater, supporting the growth of the Beaudesert Region with a 27km bulk water pipeline and pump station connecting Beaudesert and the Scenic Rim to the SEQ Water Grid. As the SWP Senior Project Engineer, you will provide authoritative engineering and contract management expertise, and support the successful delivery of the SWP.
Working closely with the Principal Contractor, Project Manager and a team of project professionals, this role will provide a significant contribution through the design, procurement, pre-construction, construction and commissioning stages, in terms of ensuring substantive project outcomes.
For an Engineer interested in bulk water, South West Pipeline provides a unique opportunity to work on a major project that encapsulates the industries technical challenges including trench and trenchless pipelaying, river crossings and geotechnical work, pump stations, reservoir, electrical supply, environmental, etc.
You will play a key role in the project team as a Senior Project Engineer taking on delegated responsibilities and being provided autonomy to work in a senior capacity within the project team.
This role will require you to work from the Major Projects office in Brisbane CBD, Head office in Ipswich and once construction commences, onsite in Beaudesert.
Full details available on the position description at careers.seqwater.com.au
To be successful in the role you will be tertiary qualified with a relevant engineering discipline and extensive professional experience in civil engineering construction. (ie 8years+)
In addition, you will have:
- Extensive knowledge and/or experience of the principles and processes involved in managing the successful delivery of projects and work packages.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with water infrastructure, pipeline design and construction.
- Extensive knowledge of contract management, quality assurance, environmental management and workplace health and safety management related to infrastructure projects
- Geotechnical experience will be highly regarded
- Class C Driver’s Licence/ Construction Industry White Card
- Qualifications in construction / project management will be highly regarded.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's EBA as a PO5 with a salary of $118,556.64 plus superannuation
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
A criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
Applications close: 28th June 2020