At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities. Boddington offers the opportunity to live locally and go home each day. We also provide DIDO with accommodation provided in our Village.
- Do you have a Degree in Mechanical Engineering and experience as a Reliability Engineer in the mining industry
- Do you have an understanding of heavy mobile equipment i.e. Shovels, Haul Trucks, Loaders, Drills, and other ancillary mining equipment
- Do you have the ability to interrogate equipment downtime & SAP Databases in order to identify Improvement Opportunities
- Are you experienced in investigating equipment failures to determine root causes and corrective actions
At Newmont Boddington, you will join a diverse team and have the opportunity to advance your career with an innovative company dedicated to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity.
As part of our Mine Maintenance Team, you will focus primarily on our unique loading fleet consisting of Electric and Diesel powered equipment including Cat 7495 rope shovels and a fleet of CAT and Hitachi Shovels/Excavators.
- Actively participate and contribute to safety improvements and environmental awareness
- Identify issues/defects and improvement opportunities by analysing equipment performance, process delays, costs, asset management KPIs, and maintenance history (SAP)
- Develop project plans for reliability improvement initiatives through Newmonts Defect Elimination Process
- Develop and manage equipment maintenance strategies using RCM methodology for new equipment and PM optimisation for existing strategies on equipment that is not meeting availability or reliability requirements
- Compile and distribute key asset performance indicators (availability, utilisation, MTBF, MTBS, MTTR)
- Facilitate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) sessions using RCA guidelines to identify failure causes, containment and countermeasures as necessary
- Develop life cycle cost models for critical assets. Monitor and quantify equipment life cycle costs and utilise for investigating / adopting alternative strategies support capital replacement plan.
Your Role Checklist
You will have a Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or similar area of specialisation and diverse maintenance and reliability experience with HME in the mining industry. A proven history in using maintenance reliability methods and demonstrable experience developing asset maintenance strategy using RCM and PMO principles and facilitating Root Cause Analysis investigations is required.
Your sound knowledge of safety, health and environmental regulations, ability to develop professional working relationships across all levels and effective planning and project management skills will be wellregarded along with high level organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work accurately.
Applications close30 June,2020
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmontis an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmontacknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.