NOTE: Do not apply if you have no experience in eyelash extensions.
***Must be available on Saturdays***
We're looking for an EXPERIENCED eyelash extensions specialist with incredible attention to detail and a bubbly personality for a casual position at The Lash Spa - we are the highest rated lash & brow salon on the Gold Coast with a stunning floor-ceiling floral wall, complete with a vintage London photo booth and private treatment rooms. We provide a high-end luxury experience for our clients and care about their lash health.
Experience in brow sculpting (waxing and tinting) is beneficial but not essential.
Intermediate lash artist role considered for the right applicant but must have completed training and be already able to complete a full set in 90 minutes without trouble.
We are looking for someone to work a casual position with the opportunity for more hours and days as our clientele grows.
Hours will initially start at around 15-25 per week over 4 days work per week, and move up to 30 to 38 depending on how many hours you'd like to do and how many of your clients are rebooking.
The Lash Spa is known for:
- Our stunning "insta-worthy" salon with private treatment rooms
- An incredible, relaxing client experience
- Extreme attention to detail resulting in perfectly natural looking lashes - never clumpy, heavy or over-the-top (if you specialise in extreme lashes then this probably isn't the place for you).
- Lash consultations to ensure the client gets exactly what they want rather than a generic 'longer lash'
- Our range of lash-friendly products
- The wealth of knowledge on lash health and eyelash extension application that our team members possess
About the Role:
You should already be a qualified and experienced lash tech, but you will be further trained by me (Melissa) and our other master lash tech's in the methods and styles we have developed.
The lashes you apply must be of the same high quality that we do for our clients - this is extremely important. We will be doing training, but it's not from scratch - you should already be very experienced and have the ability to use super fast drying glues (1 second dry time). Have a look at https://thelashspa.com.au or instagram (@thelashspaau) and check out the gallery to see our work and a little more about the salon.
Why Work At The Lash Spa
Our team is friendly, bubbly and fun - we are a drama-free workplace that really feel like a family.
The salon is a beautiful and relaxing workplace. We have a private team room with microwave and seating for lunch - we are located off Varsity high street which has plenty of food options for lunch and a cute lake walk.
You'll be working alongside our master lash technicians who will be there to guide you if you have any questions.
Successful applicants must be motivated, well-presented and willing to go above and beyond for the clients. Excellent customer service skills are essential as we strive to provide 5 star customer service at every appointment.
The Lash Spa is extremely staff oriented and have set up the treatment rooms to be functional and ergonomical for our team. We regularly have social events where the team get together for a bit of fun.
The clients love the extra touches they get at The Lash Spa including an essential-oil hot towel warm welcome, tea and chocolate upon arrival, hand-written welcome note, complimentary ring clean and goodie bag. If you like putting a smile on your client's faces after transforming their lashes then this is the place for you.
Some of your tasks here will include:
- Setting up the room and triple sterilising implements to our high standards
- Keeping track of inventory (lashes, glue, tape etc)
- Consulting with clients before and after their appointment
- Advising clients on what shape and style of lashes would suit their natural lashes + face and eye shape. You should have knowledge on styles such as cat eye, babydoll, open eye and so on
- Applying the lashes symmetrically and neatly with maximum retention and longevity in mind
- Waxing and tinting brows (hard wax)
- Taking payments by cash or card
- Explaining the aftercare instructions and ensuring clients don't walk out of the salon without being fully aware of how to care for their lashes
- Photographing your work for our lash gallery and social media pages
- Assembling goodie bags for clients
- Data entry of client details
- Taking before and after photos of each appointment + detailed notes as part of our internal tracking system.
Skills & Experience:
- Professional eyelash extensions certification
- You must be experienced enough to apply a full set in 60 minutes (we use fast-drying glue that cures in 1-2 seconds)
- Eyebrow tinting and shaping experience (not essential as we can provide training to the right candidate)
- Experience with classic lash extensions
- 100% accuracy with lash isolation (clumping is never acceptable)
- Must be friendly and bubbly especially upon arrival and departure - but most clients will fall asleep during the appointment (and chatting makes lash application harder anyway due to eye flutter)
- Must be willing to learn and apply our particular techniques to get the results our clients expect
- Must be patient and never passive aggressive with clients. We love our clients and want to ensure they come back and can call The Lash Spa their "lash home".
- Must not be running your own home beauty business or eyelash extension business (successful candidates sign non-compete agreement)
- Be willing to cover shifts in the event that someone is sick (flexible)
- Must have a mode of transport whether it's a bike and you live locally, or your own car.
Please be aware that you'll need to sign a non-compete agreement just saying that you won't start a competing eyelash extensions business or try to poach clients from the salon.
Job Benefits & Perks:
This is a well-paying position and you'll start on $30 hourly including Superannuation with the prospect of increasing over time. You also receive generous commission on all sales when targets are reached - and it's easy because the products sell themselves :)
We're ready to get started right away for the right person, but we understand that you may need to make arrangements with current employment etc, so we can be flexible.
PLEASE send photos of your work along with a short write-up on why you'd be great for this position. Oh, and your rsum of course.