Biological Services is a well-established and innovative company that produces and supplies insect/mite predators and parasites to control a range of pests, mostly in horticultural crops.
We supply beneficial insects and mites to customers in all parts of Australia. The beneficial insects are used in various situations, from greenhouses to perennial outdoor plantings. Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programs are being developed for an increasing number of clients in Australia.
We require an individual to work in the insectary on a permanent part-time basis. (Please note that you will be required to work half a day on some weekends and some public holidays, but you will be remunerated accordingly.)
The position entails working daily with different predatory insects/mites and completing set tasks for the production and maintenance of insects ensuring insect cultures are of the highest quality. Furthermore, you will also ensure that all aspects of the insectary are functioning properly and report to management, where applicable, any unsolvable issues.
As the primary role involves rearing of cultures and assisting with research and development, eagerness and willingness to learn is essential.
On the job training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Attention to detail
Ability to follow procedures accurately and correctly
Adhere to rules which apply to restricted/quarantine movement between greenhouses and insect cultures, ensure no cross-contamination occurs
Experience in research and development
Studies or previous experience in the horticultural/science or agricultural industry would be advantageous
Other Work-Related Requirements
- Team player.
- Good housekeeping.
- Attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Manual Driving Licence and own transport due to location.
- Must have excellent eyesight for close-range work.
- Essential to present yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Police clearance to be produced at the interview, if successful.
- Must be available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 7.00am to 3.30pm (additional hours may be available). Some weekend work will also be required.
- Comply with WH&S Employee roles and responsibilities as detailed in the WH&S Manual
Applications close on Friday 26 June 2020 at 5pm.
The pay rate would range between Level 1 to Level 4 under the Pastoral Award 2010 depending on experience. Biological Services pays 2.5% extra per level in relation to the award.
Visit our website at biologicalservices.com.au for further information on our company.