- Provide high level administrative support to the Office of the Vice President
- Based at the North Sydney campus
- Full time continuing position
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Office of the Vice President is responsible for the Catholic-related operations of the University and brings together new and existing Catholic functions. The Vice President simultaneously holds the position of Director, Identity and Mission. This Vice President’s portfolio includes the Directorate of Identity and Mission, Campus Ministry, Community Engagement, La Salle Academy, Staff Formation and the Centre for Liturgy. The Portfolio also serves as a resource for those wishing to better understand and explore the Catholic mission and identity of Australian Catholic University.
The Administrative Officer provides high level administrative, secretarial and project support to facilitate the objectives of the Office of the Vice President. The role is responsible for progressing workflow within the office ensuring work is actioned within agreed timeframes and according to university policies and protocols. [link removed]
More specifically the role entails:
- diary management, meeting preparation, travel arrangements, reception duties, etc
- contributing to the Office of the Vice Presidents projects and organisation of events.
- providing high level administrative support on project work aligned with Office of the Vice President objectives, including drafting correspondence and researching tasks. .
You will need to possess:
- completion of a relevant degree with subsequent relevant work experience in a similar position; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- demonstrated knowledge of and experience in working effectively with Church agencies and organisation including appropriate use of terminology
- experience in understanding the mission of the Catholic Church in Australia, including working closely with key Church stakeholders (Australian Catholic Bishops Conference, etc)
- high level computer literacy, sound working knowledge of Microsoft office including the capacity to use databases and corporate systems and social media
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
Total remuneration valued to $93,237 - $100,193 pa, including salary component $78,786 - $84,664 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Carmel Yahl, Executive Manager, Vice-President’s Portfolio on 02 9739 2380.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications Close: Tuesday 30 June 2020
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.