Milligan has teamed up with Investing on Our Youth to create an exciting new community hub in the heart of Dalyellup and we're looking for someone to join our team.
Milligan's primary aim is to respond to the loneliness and social isolation that is experienced in our community.
We aim to harness the strengths that already exist in our communities through facilitating shared experiences of joy and collective action.
Milligan's core values are a commitment to place, to people, to inclusion and opportunity, and celebrating the strengths of our community.
Milligan's commitment to providing quality service to the local community led to a two-year long redevelopment project that saw us evolve from a traditional community centre into a leaner, innovative group that is highly flexible to respond quickly to the needs of the community.
Milligan is committed to creating a work environment that is:
- innovative and creative
- high energy, fast-paced and playful
- committed to team and individual development
- flexible working arrangements
Terms of Contract: Milligan team are employed on 1 year contracts with the potential of up to 5 years of employment under the current funding agreement. The advertised position commences in July 2020 and includes a probation period of 4 months.
Hours of Work: 0.5 FTE
Award: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award Social and Community Services Employee Level 1
About the Role: The Community Connector Team Member involves providing high quality, positive customer service experience to all members of our community. The team member will support the development, implementation and performance of efficient and effective administrative and operational systems.
As a member of the creative team at Milligan, you work collaboratively in a shared workspace supporting design, implementation and evaluation of all programs and activities. All team members engage in the implementation of activities and have an active, positive role in community engagement.
Lifelong learning is an integral part of team culture at Milligan. Team members are expected to engage in high-quality learning opportunities and are encouraged to explore and pursue personal and professional development goals.
The Community Connector will work from co-working spaces in both Bunbury and Dalyellup.
- Administrative and office support including creating documents, filing and email.
- Office systems' administration including data entry, record keeping and report development.
- Communication with the community by phone, email and in person.
- Engage in team development and design workshops.
The duties directly relating to your position will be mutually agreed by you and the Leadership Team, evolving as you develop skills and knowledge. All additional duties assigned by the Leadership Team will relate to your skills, training and experience
About You: You take a positive approach to all tasks, balancing high-quality work and efficiency in a fast paced environment.
You LOVE working with humans and your brilliant customer skills reflect this. You thrive in an energetic team environment, providing consistent, positive and supportive input.
You enjoy working autonomously, prioritising tasks to manage your workload.
You are committed to finding better ways to do things.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, listening and customer service skills.
- Broad, dynamic technical skills including Microsoft Office, Facebook and Instagram, and the ability to quickly learn and implement new technology.
- Sense of humour ;)
- Book-keeping and administrative experience.
- Current drivers licence and use of own vehicle.
- Police Clearance and Working with Children Check
HOW TO EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST:
Submit the following two things to us by 5pm on Sunday 5th July 2020:
- A link to your LinkedIn profile.
- A short video that tells us about YOU and how you fit the role (3 minutes max).
This is your opportunity to stand out from the crowd.... show us how creative and dynamic you really are! (Don't worry about the tech quality.)
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
All applicants will be contacted via email or telephone within one week of submitting an EOI.
Applicants progressing to the next recruitment stage will need to be available for 1-2 one hour interviews.