Full time role, Opportunity to progress in a Global Logistics Company, Immediate start available.
HR Driver/Freight Handler
Toll Group, part of Japan Post, is the Asia Pacific region's leading provider of integrated logistics services, employing approximately 40,000 people across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries. Toll's second-to-none capabilities and global reach help provide customers with logistics solutions capable of serving the most comprehensive global supply chains.
Pickup, transportation and delivery of goods in such a way as to provide a safe, efficient and damage free service. This position requires competent HR driver with LF ticket who has the ability to work efficiently without direct supervision whilst outside the depot. A sound knowledge of freight handling is essential.
- Ensure loading and unloading of a vehicle or trailer/s in such a way as to avoid accidents and damage and in compliance with the Department of Main Roads regulations and Tolls load restraint policies and procedures.
- Ensure that any Dangerous Goods to be loaded are segregated and restrained in compliance with the Dangerous Goods Code.
- Complete equipment checks and report any identified defects.
- Efficiently handle freight items manually as required.
- When performing pickups and upon return to the depot from deliveries, paperwork is to be handed in at checkpoint for debrief
- Toll scanning devices are to be used to scan all freight on pick-up and on delivery.
- At point of pickup or delivery ensure that the proof of pickup or delivery is signed, a printed name provided and is accurate with regard to number of items and any damage, this allows for immediate consultation with our customer/supplier to correct discrepancies.
- Accurately record pallets.
- Check cubic dimensions and weigh freight when necessary so that correct charges are raised to the customer.
- Prepare and complete all documentation in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
Skills & Experience
- Competent and efficient driving skills
- Current HR licence with clean driving record
- Current LF ticket
- Ability to apply safe manual handling techniques
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound numeracy and literacy skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and compliance with Tolls business processes, policies and procedures.
- General knowledge of the metropolitan area/s, and Australian geography
Working at Toll
At Toll, were proud to be a leading integrated logistics provider in the Asia Pacific region. And we know our success is due to the quality and skill of our talented people - quite simply, our people are our most valuable asset.
We work hard to create a workplace that supports our peoples careers and that is a safe, respectful and inclusive place to work.
When you join Toll, youll join 40,000 customer-focused people who are working across 1200 locations in more than 50 countries. Our employees are passionately committed to our vision - to deliver outstanding logistics solutions for our customers, at every stage of the supply chain.
Toll Group does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to any Toll Group employees. Toll Group will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
All Toll Group employees must be entitled to work in Australia and undertake a criminal history check, pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol testing