Mentor and coach the site maintenance team, Implement Best Practice asset management & reliability strategies, Located in Bathurst, regional NSW.
Simplot Australia Pty Limited (Simplot Australia) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the J.R. Simplot Company, a family-owned, multi-national food and agriculture business. Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia, New Zealand and select Asia Pacific markets. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants and quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australias most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
- Mentor and coach the site maintenance team
- Implement Best Practice asset management & reliability strategies
- Located in Bathurst, regional NSW
A fantastic opportunity now exists for an experienced Reliability Engineer to join the team in Bathurst, NSW. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for managing the detailed analysis of site assets to develop and implement best practice asset management and reliability strategies. You will provide technical advice and support to your stakeholder group and coordinate the sites reliability related activities by mentoring, facilitation and coaching site maintenance teams.
What you will do
This role provides a diverse range of responsibility and challenges that includes:
- Implementation of the company's National Reliability Strategy to optimise plant OEE, employee safety, production volumes, maintenance effectiveness and reduce operating costs.
- Development, implementation and ongoing improvement of the site's Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) program, which includes preventative, predictive and proactive maintenance activities, Standard Work Instructions, inventory management, lubrication, training and development plans.
- Identification and management of asset reliability risks that could adversely affect business operations through loss elimination, risk management and life cycle asset management.
- Implementation of strategic maintenance work flow systems and processes.
- Facilitate team RCA events and manage the completion of associated corrective actions.
- Develop and report standard lead and lag reliability related KPIs.
- Continuous improvement and ongoing maintenance of the site's CMMS and maintenance documentation.
- Statistical analysis of reliability data and manage improvement activities that will optimise plant reliability.
- Support project engineering teams to ensure the reliability, operability and maintainability of new and modified equipment installations and adhering to the life cycle asset management process throughout the entire equipment life cycle.
- Make capital project recommendations that will provide payback in accordance with business hurdle rates and optimise plant reliability.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role you will have a proven track record as a Reliability Engineer, ideally in a manufacturing environment or industry operating heavy rotating plant & equipment. You are a degree qualified Engineer (ideally Mechanical) with further completed studies in reliability and/or asset management. You can demonstrate solid experience in the application of analytical techniques to optimise plant reliability and your knowledge and experience of Lean Manufacturing principles along with asset management and best practice reliability strategy implementation will ensure your success. You are results driven, can effectively manage and influence multiple stakeholders and enjoy the challenge of motivating teams and driving the delivery of key business projects.
Located two and a half hours drive from Sydney, the Bathurst region has something to offer everyone. Its combination of lifestyle choices, a strong and prosperous economy, a well-connected and friendly multicultural community and vibrant cultural life makes it an ideal location for anyone.
A supportive relocation package will be provided if applying from interstate/intrastate.
Work with a highly motivated and committed team
Stunning regional NSW lifestyle and climate
Large family owned business with many development opportunities
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia, New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific markets. Simplot Australia is family owned by the J.R. Simplot Company, a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution. Simplot Australia is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We recommend a better application experience if you apply via a desktop / laptop than your mobile phone