Permanent Position, Full Time Hours, Team Environment.
Retractable Tarps is a well established family business based in Brendale, we specialise in the manufacture of tarp systems for the transport industry.
The successful candidate for the Heavy Industrial Sewing Machinist Position will join a team in our Sewing Department and will be responsible for sewing custom tarps to order.
Previous heavy industrial sewing experience highly sought after for this position.
Some of the responsibilities of the position are as follows:-
- Straight line sewing of hems with and without seatbelt reinforcing
- Cutting patterns and marking tarps as per custom order sheets
- Straight line sewing for joining different materials together
- Joining different shaped panels with large rectangular tarps
- Using a HF Welder to weld PVC fabrics together
The position requires a skilled person with the ability to sew heavy fabrics such as PVC, canvas and heavy shade mesh.
Must be capable of working with heavy fabrics.
Candidates will be short listed and may be asked to come in for an interview and to trial on a sewing machine.
Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics