Proactive, team-oriented environment and forward-thinking organisation, Parramatta based role, travel to Western Sydney project sites required, Full-time 12 month Fixed Term temporary position.
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
- Be part of a proactive, team-oriented environment and forward-thinking organisation
- Parramatta based role, travel to Western Sydney project sites required
- Full-time 12 month Fixed Term temporary position
- TSSM $172819 $192,578
Transport for NSW is responsible for coordinating transport services used by over 7.5 million residents, 800,000 businesses and 30 million visitors every year. Transport comprises several divisions which coordinate road, rail, bus and maritime services, always keeping the safety and comfort of our customers at the heart of what we do
We have an exciting opportunity for a Projects Scheduler to be a part of our Project Controls Team within Western Sydney Project Office in TfNSW.
Reporting to the Director Project Controls - WSPO and working as part of a team in a matrix reporting structure ensuring a continuous improvement philosophy is maintained by encouraging innovation and best practice in project planning and scheduling.
The Scheduler will provide unique support and maintain an evolving portfolio of TfNSW major roads project schedules which enables accurate reporting and decision making to ensure the timely achievement of key milestones and the successful delivery of projects on time and within budget. You will maintain a portfolio of project schedules which will at times require you to use your experience in creating schedules for new projects and modifying and updating schedules for existing projects.
We are looking for a motivated and driven Scheduler with proven experience in contributing and supporting large road infrastructure projects. Your strong technical, communication and people skills will provide you with the tools to support Project Managers in identifying, quantifying / treating risks, and potential scheduling issues which may affect project objectives.
Attention to detail, strong business acumen and stakeholder engagement will allow you to support Project Managers in reviewing activity sequencing, durations and contributing to project health checks by conducting scenario analysis and advising of potential slippage and establishing mitigation strategies to help deliver projects and business requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or a related disciple, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in delivery of large road infrastructure projects
- Experience working within a matrix management structure where support services are embedded within Project Office delivery teams
- Demonstrates experience in directing, planning, and scheduling functions, focussing on schedule development, control, analysis and use of Primavera P6
- Extensive scheduling management experience in the initial phases of the project lifecycle (ideation and development phase) in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Capacity to operate both independently using initiative and self-direction, and as part of a team
- Manage the development and maintenance of numerous project schedules in Primavera P6
- Provide planning and scheduling support to multiple managers
- Manage Primavera P6 in accordance with Transport for NSW's quality management system
- Provide schedule analysis and implement data integrity and process improvement
- Valid / current Australian drivers license
Joining Transport for NSW, youll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If youre ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
Salary and Benefits
This is a Transport Senior Service (Level) role offering an attractive remuneration package.
For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW please click here.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please clickhere.
Applications close: 11:59pm, Sunday 21 June, 2020