Newly established role in progressive not-for-profit organisation, 3-year fixed term contract in key business advisory role, Part-time position (0.6 FTE) with flexible working and location.
About the Role
We are building the SAGE team to complement its current expertise. This new role offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth of SAGE Ltd and to support SAGE stakeholders on their journey to advancing gender equity, diversity and inclusion.
This Business and Governance Manager is responsible for supporting the SAGE CEO with managing the day-to-day operations of SAGE and serving as the Company Secretary. This role will manage a range of corporate governance and administration services, in particular, finance, accounting and regulatory compliance obligations and HR. They will contribute directly to the delivery of SAGE Ltd strategic objective and its growth.
The successful candidate will be a proven performer, with a desire to be part of a vibrant organisation. The ideal candidate will be CPA or CA qualified with at least 5 years of relevant and proven experience in business management, financial management and accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishing and implementing sound and compliant financial management of SAGE Ltd, including all monthly, annual and regulatory financial, corporate (and tax) reporting requirements.
- Develop and implement best practice corporate governance and risk management frameworks.
- Manage the SAGE accounting and payroll system, and oversee the processing of subscribers, suppliers and payroll payments.
- Manage SAGE Ltd funding agreements, contracts and service level agreements.
- Serve as SAGE Ltd Secretary, manage the company register and assist the CEO with the preparation and reporting to the Companys Board of Directors and its Audit and Risk Committee.
- Liaise with SAGE Ltd auditors and support auditing processes and requirements.
- Oversee SAGE promotion, marketing and branding functions.
- Oversee the development of policies and procedures that support effective delivery of the SAGE Ltd objectives and business.
Science in Australia Gender Equity Limited (SAGE Ltd) is a not-for-profit public company limited by guarantee. SAGE Ltd was founded by the Academy of Science and Academy of Technology and Engineering in November 2019.
The purpose of SAGE Ltd is to accredit and grant awards to HER institutions for gender equity, diversity and inclusion programs, including specifically accrediting and granting awards under the Athena SWAN Charter.
SAGE Ltd also works to raise awareness of the value of gender equity, diversity and inclusion across HER and more broadly within the community. Collaboration with our member institutions, government policy makers and other like-minded organisations remains a key approach.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via SEEK and include:
- Resume; and
- Cover Letter, which should be a maximum of two (2) pages. Summarise how you believe your skills and experience would be a good fit for the role. The Selection Criteria do not need to be addressed separately.
- Applications close 11.00pm Wednesday 1 July 2020
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
SAGE Ltd aims to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects difference. We are committed to workplace flexibility, and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, abilities, genders, sexes and sexualities