GHD is one of the world's leading engineering, architecture and environmental consulting firms. We employ more than 10,000+ people across five continents and serve clients in the global markets of Water, Energy & Resources, Environment, Property & Buildings and Transportation.
GHD in Canberra are seeking an experienced Water Engineer to join our diverse and growing Water & Environment team.
This role will allow you to continue to build your skills & experience in a high functioning, friendly and inclusive culture. You will contribute to the pursuit and delivery of a wide range of Water projects in the ACT and Regional Southern NSW and it will see you involved in:
- Management and resourcing for a wide variety of water projects to deliver to client expectations
- The delivery of options studies and detailed designs for a broad range of water infrastructure projects
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to help deliver successful projects and realise outstanding results for our clients
- Project & Design Management: including design of water and wastewater pipes, pumping stations, and treatment plants
What you will bring to the team:
- 5-10 years' experience in design consultancy in the Water and Wastewater space including modelling, options studies, detailed design documentation
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously, to lead or to work within a multi-disciplinary team and mentor junior team members
- Client facing experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- Relevant tertiary qualification
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own
As one of the world's leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.