As a Maintenance Fitter, you will be required to carry out maintenance within our Clayton paint-manufacturing site to increase plant availability and reliability. At PPG, maximising our up-time is critical to achieving operational targets and as such we are committed to ensure that equipment is maintained to the highest standards.
The current roster offers an excellent work life balance with some potential overtime! Week 1 & 2 - Monday to Thursday (40 hrs), Week 3 - Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday (40 hrs), Week 4 - Wednesday to Friday (30 hrs). 6.30 am to 4.30 pm.
- Preventative, Predictive & Proactive maintenance including the diagnosis and repair of machinery faults and root cause analysis
- Ensure process & record work orders are recorded in an accurate manner at all times
- Follow PPG's strict Health, Safety and Environment standards
- Make an active contribution to the team environment, through sharing knowledge and collaborating with each other
- A trade certified Fitter Machinist with proven experience in pneumatics & schematics as well as pumps, mills & motors
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience within an industrial manufacturing environment
- Basic Tig, Mig, Arc welding skills and confined space & working at heights tickets
- Flexibility to work overtime when required in order to meet business needs and the ability to manage, organise and prioritise your time while working under pressure
- A Forklift licence, First Aid certificate and D Permit for electrical disconnect & reconnect are beneficial but not essential!
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are One PPG to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.