Industry leader, Rapid Expansion, Great location.
At Tassal, we value our people and we look for not only your professional experience but your alignment with our 4Ps Our People, Our Planet, Product and Performance. Sound like you Then wed love to hear from you.
We are currently looking for a self-motivated, experienced and passionate WHS Coordinator Civil & Construction. Working with a knowledgeable team you will be highly organised and experienced in Civil and Construction Safety with a focus on ensuring the safe operation of multiple contractors, sub-contractors and in house operators
About the role:
This hands-on role is based in the beautiful Whitsunday region, at our Proserpine prawn farm and production facility which will report to the Senior Manager WHS - Farming & Land Based Aquaculture. This position will work closely with our Civil leadership team to help coordinate Tassals WHSMS at a site level. You will also be responsible for working with our onsite contractors to verify risk assessments, conduct site inspections, coordinate consultation as well as ensure a safe operations. Furthermore, you will support the onsite team with the timely reporting of incidents and injuries, conducting incident investigations, as well as ensuring Tassals injury management protocols are implemented and maintained. The ability to problem-solve and collaborate with a range of technical professionals will be essential for effective business outcomes. The role will be on a 12-month contract basis with the possibility to extend dependent on construction continuing and personal performance (possible multiple year project).
To be successful in this role you will have experience in a similar WHS role, with a sound knowledge and understanding of Qld WH&S legislation and working with contractors.
- Diploma or higher in Workplace Health and Safety;
- Be in possession of a RTW certificate or the ability to achieve;
- First Aid knowledge and experience;
- Competent with using computers mainly Microsoft Office; with the ability to administer the requirements of a WHSMS;
- Understanding of WHS hazard ID, risk assessment and control;
- Excellent communication, facilitation and organisational skills;
- Strong ability to influence others including effective leadership skills; and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- High risk work licenses, farm & load shifting equipment experience will be advantageous;
- Relevant experience in the construction industry
Tassal is the largest producer of Tasmanian grown Atlantic salmon domestically, and through our De Costi Seafood business we source and process a wide range of seafood. Just recently you might have heard that we acquired three prawn farms so now prawns are part of our amazing seafood offer.
Tassal are all about building a better tomorrow. We pride ourselves on our industry leadership position as we build a better tomorrow and strive for excellence across our four critical factors of success (4P's) - Our People, Our Planet, Our Product and Our Performance. Employing more than 1500 people in a wide variety of challenging and rewarding roles, we are recognised as an Employer of Choice and are committed to leading sustainable practices in aquaculture and seafood.
applications close Monday 5pm 6th of July 2020