Flexible working hours (30hrs per week), Work in a team environment, 12 month contract position.
Pat Conroy MP
Shadow Minister for International Development & Pacific
Shadow Minister Assisting for Climate Change
Shadow Minister Assisting
Applications are invited for the above 12 month contract part time position based in Belmont, NSW.
This role is primarily as the Personal Assistant to the Member. The duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Diary management
- Travel and accommodation bookings
- Liaising with Government departments and other organisations
- Office administration
- Responding to constituent enquiries
- Constituent request program
Applicants should possess the following skills and experience:
- An understanding of Australias system of government and parliamentary processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well developed MS Office skills
- Good organisational ability
- Ability to work as part of a team
Experience working in a support role at an executive level would be advantageous.
A general knowledge of the electorate of Shortland is preferred but not essential.
The position is offered under the Members of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984 and conditions are outlined in the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019.
A commencing salary between $66,745 and $72,150 pro rata for up to 30 hours per week will be paid.
A probationary period of 3 months will apply.
Applications close on 26 June 2020.
Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Administration & Office Support