- Full Time Permanent positions based at multiple locations across Bayside area
- $60,012 to $67,213 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- Lead small crews installing, repairing, and maintaining Council assets
At Bayside Council, we are committed to a positive, flexible and supportive workplace culture, where our people and customers feel respected and valued. We are proud to serve our community through operating with transparency, integrity and in the best interests of the Bayside community to deliver exceptional service.
Purpose of the role
The City Presentation directorate ensures that our area is presented in an aesthetically pleasing manner, that is clean, enjoyable to live in and instils pride in our community.
The ideal candidate will act as the face of Council to the general public stepping into a senior position to lead crews in the installation, repair and maintenance of Council property and assets.
This role is responsible for the day to day leading of small crew(s) to conduct a wide range of activities and to ensure that all allocated work and/or programs are met. Duties and projects will involve:
- Lead frontline delivery by performing Carpentry works in building maintenance & capital works
- Maintenance, replacement and installation of Council street furniture
- Framing, fitout and cabinet installation
- Carrying out operational responsibilities in accordance with Councils plans, policies and procedures
- Demonstrated Experience in leading small team(s) within a relevant field
- A SafeWork NSW White Card (General Construction Induction Card)
- Current Heavy Rigid (HR) Vehicle Drivers Licence
What can we offer you
As an employer, Bayside Council offers a flexible and family-friendly working environment supported by a generous and tangible reward and recognition program with ongoing training and development opportunities.
On top of a competitive salary, our people enjoy:
- A Rostered Day Off every fortnight.
- 3 extra days off during Christmas each year (pro-rata)
- 15 days sick leave each year.
- 2 days health and wellbeing leave from your sick leave balance each year (conditions apply)
- Additional parental leave entitlements for both parents.
Your application should include an up-to-date resume (max 3 pages) and a covering letter (max 2 pages), outlining how your skills and experience meet the focus competencies, key accountabilities and challenges of the role and how you espouse Bayside Council values.
Closing Date: Friday, 3 July 2020
Salary Range: $60,012 to $67,213 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
Bayside Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive work environment.