Permanent full-time opportunity based in Dalby, Work a 9-day fortnight, Some weekend, call out work and travel required, penalty rates apply.
Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland.
Our Network Regional West team currently has an exciting opportunity for a trackworker to join their team based in Dalby on a permanent full-time basis. This position looks after track between Jondaryan to Miles and Dalby to Meandarra and works closely with the Chinchilla track gang.
As a Trackworker you will be responsible for performing heavy manual labour including timber and steel work, concreting, and a variety of others duties with railway track maintenance. When licensed you may have the opportunity to operate civil plant on re-railing, re-sleepering, track construction and additional maintenance works.
This position is always in the field therefore you must be happy to work in a variety of weather conditions particularly high temperatures. Daily you will walk on the track ballast (rocky trackbed upon which railway sleepers sit) it can be very hard on your feet and is not for everyone, please consider this before applying. You must be physically fit to walk long distances on a regular basis and lift heavy objects.
- Contribute to the work output of the team by carrying out duties in a responsible manner in accordance with competency allocations
- Undertake duties as directed by your Supervisor or other competent person
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Queensland Rail rules, regulations and Safeworking procedures in a safe and cost efficient manner
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must have the following:
- Hold a current manual ‘C’ class drivers licence
- Previous experience in hands on labouring/ TA roles
- Previous Trackworker experience may be advantageous
- Front-end loader / excavator tickets or other licences / tickets are desirable but not essential
- A strong work ethic and ability to work efficiently as part of team
- A strong commitment to safe working practices and zero harm
This opportunity is permanent full-time and works across a 9-day fortnight generally between the hours of 07:00 and 16:00. There is a rostered system which includes weekend works and call outs, penalty rates apply. You will also need to be available to travel and work away from home when required.
Full time annual salary: $48,824 + penalty rates + overtime + super.
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, a Pre-Employment Health Assessment and background checks.
Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5pm Friday 3rd July 2020.
Please do not email your application; we can only accept applications received via our website.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.