The opportunity to participate in a top performing farm on multiple levels, No headaches to sort out on arriving such as milk quality or fertility issues, Beautiful sub-tropical location few freezing cold mornings, beaches, rivers,.
Hi there, James Neal here I am a family member operating a 700 cow family operated dairy farm located on Oxley Island near Taree in NSW, supplying Award winning milk to Norco cooperative. We currently have a dairy farm job at Farm profits, for an experienced and highly motivated 2IC / Assistant Herd Manager (may suit couple) with excellent dairy farm skills to support the Farm Manager.
The farm is well set up with a 60 bail rotary, automatic cup removers, heatime - cow heat detection, teatspray and drafting.
This progressive dairy farm achieves:
1. Award winning milk quality all year (BMCC averages around 70 for the year, in top 100 farms in Australia for BMCC for past 5 years),
2. high rates of pasture utilisation, 11 t/ha for dryland farm
3. high in-calf rates and,
4. low stock mortality.
If you think you can help maintain this we would like to hear from you!
This dairy farm position
The successful applicant will have a passion for the dairy farm work, be experienced in managing a large dairy operation and demonstrate exceptional skills and experience in the following areas:
1. Ensure dairy shifts are started in a timely manner and run efficiently
2. Competent in Artificial Insemination
3. Leading,developing and managing a team
4. Driving and implementing safety management systems
5. Competent in dairy asset and equipment maintenance
6. Dairy KPI achievement
This is a permanent long-term dairy farm position and would suit someone looking for stability and the opportunity to develop their skills in the dairy industry. To be eligible, applicants must hold a current drivers license.
We offers competitive salary package (based on competency & experience) and a neat 3-4 bedroom house
Flexible 10 day Fortnight with every second weekend off
The farm is on an Island on major river, has good fishing, close to beaches (10 min), schools (10 min) and towns (15 min)(population 20,000)
It is 3.5 hours North of centre of Sydney and 2 hours North of Newcastle
Why you should apply
1. The opportunity to participate in a top performing farm on multiple levels, which leads best practice management.
2. There are no headaches to sort out on arriving such as milk quality or fertility issues,just continue to maintain the status quo, following the well laid out farm procedures.
3. Roster conscious work life balance
4. Beautiful sub-tropical location few freezing cold mornings, well serviced, beaches,rivers, national parks