- New permanent full time Network Access Management role with Sydney Trains
- Excellent pay and Benefits RC Grade 6 ($127,559 - $141,442)
- Located primarily in the new agile workspace in Burwood with some travel and working within Sydney metro areas
We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Access Manager to join the Program Coordination and Access function within the Asset Management Division of Sydney Trains. This position plays a key role in the planning, managing and delivery of track access (track possessions) in relation to planned maintenance and works.
Reporting to the Program Coordinator Central District, this role involves in the coordination of maintenance and project delivery groups - liaising and consulting with various internal and external stakeholders to provide access to possessions within the rail corridor to ensure planned project scopes are achieved within business objectives.
To be successful you will have:
- Extensive Knowledge of Safe Working and Operational requirements including Certified competency to the level of PO4
- Experience in Project Management and Possession Management with an understanding of rail safety systems (Safe Working, Integrity, and WHS).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of railway conditions and SafeWorking requirements, Network Rules and procedures, including restrictions and constraints within the Sydney Trains Network applicable to track possessions and emergencies.
- Excellent communication, change management and time management skills with high level attention to detail.
At Sydney Trains, our vision is to keep Sydney moving by delivering safe, customer-focused, reliable and clean rail services. We contribute to the success of transport in NSW by running efficient rail services which exceed our customers expectations, support growth and contribute to the broader community and the economy. Joining Sydney Trains will present an exciting opportunity to shape the future and make a genuine difference for the people of NSW by providing a world class rail system.
Sydney Trains offers its employees challenging and rewarding work with opportunities for career progression, learning and development and work-life balance. Other benefits include:
- Free travel on Government trains, buses and ferries
- Flexible work practices
For more information on Employee Benefits at Transport please click here.
Join Sydney Trains for the opportunity to shape the future and make a genuine difference for the people of NSW by providing a world class rail system.
Our commitment to Diversity
TfNSW are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture across the Transport cluster, planning for and promoting diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTI, people with disabilities, women and other diversity groups. TfNSW recognises the benefits that such an approach brings for our staff and customers in delivering the future of NSW.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a suitability statement (no more than 2 pages) which addresses the below targeted questions:
- The reason for your interest in the Network Access Manager and how your qualifications, skills and experience make you the best candidate for the role.
- Tell us about a time where you had to deliver a major & complex track possession work covering a large geographic area. Please outline the challenges and expertise used to overcome the challenges and deliver the project possession successfully.
- Give us an example and explain of a time where you had to utilise strong knowledge of Safe Working requirements and Network Rules to manage a complex unplanned track possession
Please note: successful candidate will need to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
Applications close: 11:59pm on Sunday 5th July 2020.
For permanent positions in the NSW Public Sector, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. For most Temporary jobs, you need a visa that gives you permission to work in Australia. To be considered for these roles you must be 18 years of age. Applicants will need to complete merit based selection activities and will be subject to satisfactory medical, drug & alcohol and criminal record checks as part of the selection process. Please note that an eligibility list may be created for this position, and position(s) of the same classification that subsequently become vacant may be filled using this eligibility list (where the vacancy is within 60 minutes travelling time). Transport for NSW is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.