- Would you like to work in a flexible environment that is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion
- Are you a team player, and enjoy working with different people
- Are you committed to process improvements and developing best practices
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated team player to join the Premier, Minister and Parliament (PMP) team, as an Assistant Briefings and Correspondence Officer. You will support the coordination of briefings and correspondence and other strategic advice to ensure the Premier and the Departments executive receive timely, considered, thorough and useful information.
Want to know more Please refer to the Role Description.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- work cooperatively within and across teams, exchanging information and assisting other team members to achieve team objectives and work outcomes
- have a strong attention to detail and excellent prioritisation
- produce quality correspondence and other written material in a high volume, time pressured work environment
- be able to work in a systematic and collaborative work environment
- be a quick learner and can operate and adapt to change in a fast paced environment.
Why work for the Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC)
DPC leads the NSW public sector to deliver on the NSW Government's commitments and priorities. We put the people of NSW at the heart of everything we do, to deliver better services, drive government priorities and foster a culture of respect.
DPC believes all roles flex working flexibly on an if not, why not basis. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion, providing employees challenging and rewarding work, opportunities for career progression, and learning and development. We offer our employees discount gym membership, study assistance, salary packaging, and we are conveniently located just out of Martin Place station, with plenty of great coffee options downstairs from the office!
To learn more about DPC, visit our website.
Interested in applying
Your application should include:
- an up-to-date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience.
- a cover letter (maximum two pages) addressing the two targeted questions below.
- Your response to two targeted questions:
- Describe a time when you were required to complete a high volume of work with competing deadlines, explaining the considerations and actions you took to deliver What lessons did you learn from this
- Describe a situation where you felt that you excelled at delivering customer service, and why you think you excelled
Closing date: Sunday 28 June 2020 (11:59 PM)
Salary: Package includes base salary ($85,488 - $94,327) plus superannuation and leave loading.
Please note: To be eligible to apply for ongoing employment within DPC, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a National Police Check (Criminal History).
A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing and temporary roles of the same work classification that may become available for filling over the next 18 months.
We welcome and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI+, people with disability, people with caring responsibilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, veterans and women.
We will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment process and in the workplace. If you require any adjustments, please notify us on your application form.
We endeavour to make roles flexible. While this role is advertised as full-time, we will consider requests to undertake the work flexibly.