Growing business in the Healthcare sector, City location, Attractive benefits.
About our Group
Better Medical is a growing owner and operator of high-quality general practice clinics across Australia. Our ethos is simple to provide the best standard of care in our communities. Starting our journey in the Adelaide Hills in 2015, and as owners of nine local clinics, and five in Adelaides north eastern suburbs, Better Medical has grown to own 29 practices in South Australia, Tasmania, and Queensland. We passionately believe that primary care needs to be locally focused, and thats why our group of practices are locally managed, regionally connected, and centrally supported. Our growing central support teams of experienced Finance, HR, and Marketing professionals are based in Adelaide CBD, and together, we wholeheartedly believe that Better Medical is a way thats better for patients, doctors, and staff.
Working with a high performing team
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance team based in Adelaide. We are looking for an experienced person who can display a strong track record of excellence and is willing to go the extra mile to get results. Work with a team that is passionate about supporting our medical professionals, allowing them to focus on what they do best. If you want to work with a fun, diverse group of professionals and have a sense of humour, the Better Medical environment will suit you perfectly.
What you will bring
You will have completed a Bachelor of Commerce (or similar) and have at least 3 years experience in either commerce or professional practice. Holding a CA/CPA qualification (or working toward) will ensure your application is highly regarded. Reporting to our Chief Finance Officer, you will be part of a growing team of professionals providing supervision and direction across the group.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Monthly preparation of financials
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of Board Pack materials, reporting of key financial KPIs and associated analysis
- Assistance with the external Audit, preparation of support documents and Auditor queries
- Assistance with accounting/finance related queries both within the finance team and across the broader group
- BAS/FBT/Payroll Tax reporting preparation
- Preparation of clinic & group level budgeting
- Assistance in preparation/maintenance of cash-flow modelling
- Developing & refining accounting procedures & policies
- Involvement in systems development & new technologies (e.g. Business Intelligence / Data Visualisation)
- Supporting the corporate finance function, including capital structure analysis
- Analytical and accounting support across a range of commercial decisions; i.e. decision support analysis
If you are looking for a rapidly growing environment and enjoy coming to work every day, then we can guarantee you will be challenged and engaged with this role.
How to show your interest
Your application will be reviewed if you send an introductory letter (no more than 1 x A4 page in length) which addresses why you are seeking a role with Better Medical, your key career achievements, and what you can bring personally to the Group. Prove you have attention to detail by including a current Resume.
We look forward to meeting a likeminded Senior Accountant to join in our success.