A fantastic opportunity has become available for an experienced and qualified Health and Safety Manager at North Queensland Airports, the dynamic company responsible for management and operations of Cairns and Mackay Airports.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Services, you will play a key role in ensuring safety risks inherent in business operations are proactively managed, implementing and driving positive health and safety culture and workplace initiatives, maintaining health and safety management systems, and ensuring legislative, statutory and corporate compliance requirements are met.
This position is a hands-on role. You will be actively working alongside employees, management, contractors, and liaising with industry bodies to ensure our sites and personnel are compliant. To be successful you must have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills allowing you to work collaboratively across all parts of the business, and with internal and external stakeholders, providing guidance, training, support, and conduct investigations.
Whilst solid general health and safety management experience is essential, the successful applicant must also have experience in an operational high-risk industry / environment.
This position will provide key health and safety functions to ensure Cairns and Mackay Airports maintain compliance in health and safety in accordance with the relevant legislation and industry standards. A strong working knowledge of the application of health and safety regulations, legislation and auditing is required.
The ability to think clearly and perform duties in an emergency or high pressure situation is essential.
This position is based in Cairns, however as this role provides support to two airports, occasional overnight travel to Mackay may be required.
This position is also subject to a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and a criminal history check. The successful applicant must meet the requirements for obtaining an Aviation Security Identification Card.
Key Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Workplace (Occupational) Health and Safety
- Min 7 years experience in Health and Safety leadership and Management within a large complex high-risk industry.
- Experience as a Rehabilitation & Return to Work Coordinator.
- Work safety in the Construction Industry white card.
- Extensive experience in field-based operational Health & Safety within a high risk industry.
- Sound knowledge of QLD Health & Safety Legislation.
- Experience leading, mentoring, coaching and managing in a complex high risk environment.
- Effective influencing skills and the proven ability to build effective relationships.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong executive leadership capabilities with a track record of delivering in a highly complex and changing environment.
- Ability to prepare and present high level reports.
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office.
- Current drivers licence
Please refer to the Position Description on our website for a full description of Accountabilities and Responsibilities.
Applications close: 5 July 2020