- Work with clients and partners on iconic projects locally and globally
- Be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
- Embrace your creativity and drive change across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
SMEC deliver smart solutions for clients and communities in Infrastructure, Urban Development and Management Services
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources.
We are currently seeking an exceptional leader for the role of Rail Manager – NSW/ACT. This role is to lead a growing business unit with a remit to work with clients across the region and wider ANZ business. The role will be based out of our Sydney Office and be responsible for operational delivery of a multi-disciplinary rail practice.
You will provide leadership and operational direction to the activities of the market sector in collaboration with the other market sector leaders and in consideration of the wider SMEC business. This position ensures the operational and technical excellence and performance of the Rail business with the effect of growing the function through optimal people, commercial, business development, client relationship management and project performance.
The incumbent will role model SMEC values, ethics and code of conduct and ensure all business activities are carried out in accordance with these guiding principles.
- Provide operational, technical and business development management of the State Market Sector to
- support SMEC’s vision and values
- Manage the State financial targets of the Market Sector and the achievement of the State Market Sector operational plans
- In collaboration with the National Managers ensure capability development and mobilisation of market sector resources to support SMEC’s overall business objectives
- Collaborate with National and State Managers to manage State-based client relationships and achieve sustainable growth through targeted client relationship management and business development activity
- Provide support to the National Manager and manage activity to transition regional based business model to a national service model
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to strategically plan
- High level of commercial acumen
- Genuine enjoyment drawn from building business, working with clients and winning work across ANZ
- 20+ years of experience in relevant the Rail sector
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or a related discipline
- Co-ordinated, designed and delivered major projects – with proven success
- Co-ordinated and developed major bids – with proven success
- Demonstrated ability to actively manage and drive performance in diverse teams
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders [link removed].
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC is committed to equitable recruitment practices and encourages applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders decent
Learn more about SMEC:
With over 14,500 employees working out of over 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, North and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to deliver integrated infrastructure expertise to our clients worldwide.
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
How to apply
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.