Respected Animal Welfare Charity, Key focus on leadership, culture, and operations, Drive the implementation of business strategy.
About Sydney Dogs and Cats Home
Sydney Dogs and Cats Home (SD&CH) is highly respected within the animal welfare sector providing shelter, food and veterinary care to lost, homeless and abandoned animals, primarily dogs and cats, until a time when such animals can either be reunited with their owners, or found a new, suitable home.
SD&CH objectives are to:
(1) promote the welfare of animals by providing the relief of sickness, suffering, distress, misfortune and homelessness;
(2) to achieve zero euthanasia of all healthy and treatable cats and dogs, and
(3) engage in community-based services that benefit both the animals in our care and disadvantaged members of our community.
Opportunity on offer
We are seeking an operations professional with exceptional people management experience who can quickly build rapport and relationships with their collaborative style to drive engagement, performance, and create collaborative and mutually satisfying stakeholder relationships.
As a key advisor to the Board you will have overall responsibility across all operational matters and provide governance, with a key focus on legal affairs, leadership, engagement, culture, governance, process optimisation and stakeholder relationships.
Lead the operational management of the business by establishing and embedding the systems, training and support structures to drive employee engagement & well-being and great animal welfare
Identify and drive initiatives that improve animal welfare outcomes, the financial viability of the home and enhance member experience
Submit business forecasts & budgets for the consolidation of the Board and recommending major policy changes and developments
Drive and deliver operating objectives, plans and programs
Identify and tracks risk and governance requirements to ensure compliance with all legislative, regulatory and financial requirements
Ideally, youll bring:
- proven experience in a General Management or Operations Management role, ideally within the NFP/Charity sector
- Experience leading diverse teams, engaging, and developing others to succeed
- Demonstrated expert communicator with a strong ability to delegate and collaborate effectively
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Experience in process improvement and governance processes
If you have a passion for animal welfare, and bringing teams, people and process together, we welcome your application.
Amplify HR is recruiting for this role on a pro-bono basis.