Excellent opportunity to join WA's Leading Residential Builder, Be part of an inclusive, flexible team with a fantastic culture, Osborne Park location.
Homebuyers Centre are the market-leading, volume residential builder in WA and proudly part of the ABN Group – Australia’s leaders in construction, property and finance.
We pride ourselves on delivering a quality product and an excellent customer experience, having helped over 40,000 first home buyers achieve their dream of homeownership. With our success being attributed directly to the quality and passion for our people, we’ve built our reputation as one of Australia’s most reliable and innovative first home builders, specialising in modern and affordable house and land packages across Perth.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Scheduler / Estimator to join our team. Reporting to the Estimating & Scheduling Manager, the primary responsibility of this role is to quantify all the materials and labour required to build each home. This role will be split 50:50 between scheduling & estimating and is being offered on a full-time fixed-term contract up until the 31 December 2020, with the opportunity for extension or to become permanent.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
• Quantifying and ordering the material and labour required to build our homes across a variety of different building types including single-storey and multi-unit development jobs
• Preparing accurate Construction contracts in a timely manner
• Collaborating with our Site Managers, Internal Departments and suppliers to assist them with any queries
• Actioning variations and verifying/approving “Extra to Order” invoices
• Checking and proofing of work
• Raising purchase orders and sending to all relevant parties
• Interpreting contract documentation, plans, building processes and procedures, relevant legislation, standards and codes
You (Key Selection Criteria)
To succeed in this role, you will have the following attributes:
• Demonstrated experience as a Scheduler, working within Residential Building
• Completed or working towards completion of Certification in Building
• Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering work drawings and specifications
• Good understanding of construction methods
• Proficient in utilising systems (i.e Microsoft Suite etc.)
• Relentless and positive attitude
• Exceptional time management and attention to detail, with the ability to work within a fast-paced, high volume environment
• Construction knowledge is essential